January has flown away and the second month of 2016 is already a week old. It’s still summer down here in Argentina and also vacation time, which means a lot of camping, kayaking and sunbathing… It also means I haven’t been reading much in the last two weeks or so, but thanks to the Bout Of Books 15.0 read-a-thon I still managed to finish no less than 16 books in January. Which means I’m ahead schedule and I will be able to read some of the longer books I have been wanting to pick up for a while now without feeling guilty!
- Number of books read in January: 16
- Total number of books read this year: 16
- Total number of pages read in January: 5.168
- Total number of pages read this year: 5.168
I’m terribly behind with my reviews, mostly because I’ve been distracted by my vacation time… I’m planning on catching up soon though!
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
Neverwhere – by Neil Gaiman // I’ll Meet You There – by Heather Demetrios
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
All The Truth That’s In Me – by Julie Berry // The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line – by Rob Thomas // The Death Code – by Lindsay Cummings
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
Serafina And The Black Cloak – by Robert Beatty // Confessions Of A Murder Suspect – by James Patterson // Illuminae – by Amie Kaufman // Confessions – by Kanae Minato
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
Dead Wood – by Dan Ames // Fantastic Mr. Fox – by Roald Dahl // Eternal War: Armies Of Saints – by Livio Gambarini
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
Dark Places – by Gillian Flynn // Everything I Never Told You – by Celeste Ng
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
The Sin Eater’s Daughter – by Melinda Salisbury // Never Always Sometimes – by Adi Alsaid
Time for a new year and new challenges… I have only three yearly challenges so far, but I might add a bookish bingo or two later on. So far I’m on track for all three challenges, so things are looking up.
# CHALLENGES #
As for my other blogging goals… I’m almost done with my challenges goal and I already completed a series, but I still haven’t even started with the other goals. Hopefully I will be able to start with a few of these in February!
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count): 0/5
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count): 1/5 (the murder complex)
- Reread at least 3 books: 0/3
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 200 books: 267/200
- Read at least one book over 800 pages: 0/1 (longest book 608 pages)
- Read at least 5 books in Spanish: 0/5
- Join at least 5 challenges during the year: 4/5
- Finish older reviews that haven’t been posted yet: 0/10
- Update older reviews to new format: 0/14
- Reach 5km running! 2000m/5000m
Happy February and Happy Reading!