Emily at Books & Cleverness is hosting a Dusting Off The Shelf Read-A-Thon starting tomorrow (August 1st-15th) in which I’m going to participate. Make sure to check out her blog and post! It’s all about finally reading those poor neglected books that have been collecting dust for six months or more…I’ve listed the books I want to read below by the challenges she has set, and I will be posting updates with my progress about every three days or so.
- CHALLENGE: Read a book set in the past.
- The Known World by Edward P. Jones (about black slaves in the US; first published 2003)
- CHALLENGE: Read a classic.
- The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka (first published 1925)
- Lord Of The Flies by William Golding (first published in 1954)
- CHALLENGE: Read a book written before 2010.
- The Shining by Stephen King (first published 1977)
- The Name Of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (first published 2007)
- The Dead Zone by Stephen King (first published 1979)
- CHALLENGE: Read at least 100 pages a day.
- It’s not too much to be impossible, so I will definitely try to reach this goal!
- Other books on the TBR list.
- And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (first published 2013)
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (first published 2011)
The Name of the Wind’s on my list too. (Not that I have a full list at this point.) I think I’m the only one who didn’t like Lord of the Flies (It gave me nightmares. What can I say, I’m a wimp.) I hope you like it. Looks like a good list. 🙂
Thanks! I’m excited about the books on the list, and the challenge is a great excuse to finally read some of those books. 😀