Before I continue, first some happy kitty news! Today my cat Jazmin finally gave birth to a bunch of healthy little kitties, yay! As far as I can see they turned out either all darkish (black?) or all white like she is, and they are too freaking adorable! I don’t want to bother them too much for now, but I will be posting some pics in a few weeks for sure. 😀
On to the reason I started this post… The goals of the Bout Of Books 11 read-a-thon that I decided to enter. I just loved the casualness of this challenge and couldn’t help joining the fun!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I’m adding my own twist to this read-a-thon and will be reading only YA. Below a list of goals I will be trying to reach:
- Read at least 3 books. (Which is more than the usual two per week.)
- Post at least one of the three reviews of the books read during the read-a-thon
- Most of all: just having fun!
I’ve included six titles in my TBR list, so I can choose freely when the read-a-thon starts:
- A Discovery Of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1) by Deborah Harkness (579 pages)
- City Of Bones (The Mortal Instruments series #1) by Cassandra Clare (485 pages)
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (328 pages)
- Looking For Alaska by John Green (262 pages)
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (370 pages)
- Throne Of Glass (Throne Of Glass series #1) by Sarah J. Maas (404 pages)
I’m really excited about this read-a-thon! 😀