This June 17th I posted my Winter TBR with all the books that I wanted to read during the cold winter months. Now that Spring has come with that all those lovely Spring days, flowers and kayaking, it is time to look back and see what has come of the Winter TBR. Have I actually read all those books on the list? Did I like them? Which ones do I still have to buy and/or read?
I‘ve managed to read six out of the ten books on my Winter TBR, which is not too bad if you take into account I haven’t looked much at this list since I posted it. It’s actually close to seven books, because I’m going to read Black Roses as soon as I finish the book I’m currently reading… On to a list with the titles, link and rating:
- The Name Of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (5/5)
- The Shining by Stephen King (4,5/5)
- The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne (4,5/5)
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (4/5)
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (4/5)
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (3/5)
I have copies of the following three books, but I still haven’t read them. Black Roses is next on my list, and I will start reading this novel by Jane Thynne as soon as I finish Mr. Mercedes. I really don’t understand why I still haven’t read And The Mountains Echoed yet; I know I will love this book, but I guess I just haven’t been in the right mood to truly appreciate it. Shatter Me doesn’t attract me as much as before, and to be honest I don’t think I will read this one any time soon…
- And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Black Roses by Jane Thynne
I still didn’t buy a copy of Winter In Madrid and probably won’t any time soon. It’s not that I’m not interested in the book; I just have way to many books on my TBR pile already to keep buying new ones.
- Winter In Madrid by C.J. Sansom