Today is Sunday, which means it’s time for another installment of my Sunday Post where I will share a summary of my blogging week and other random facts… Here we go!
# CURRENTLY READING
I’m trying to finish my only pending ARC before the end of the month: Eternal War: Armies Of Saints by Livio Gambarini. I like the setting and the fact that historical fiction has been mixed with fantasy… Hopefully I will find some time to continue reading it later today.
# LATEST ADDITION TO MY SHELVES
I loved the first book in the Veronica Mars series by Rob Thomas, so I had to get a copy of the sequel as well. Mr. Kiss And Tell sounds interesting, so I’m looking forward to be reading it next month or so.
# OTHER (BOOK) NEWS
I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Sam at Taking On A World Of Words! Thanks again for the nomination, I really appreciate it. ❤ I don’t have the time for an actual post, but I’ve decided to answer her questions anyway.
- What is the most recent book you read? I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios. I absolutely loved that book; kudos to the author for bringing awareness to what war veterans are going through.
- Why did you decide to follow my blog? It’s always great to find someone with a similar taste for books. 🙂
- Do you write as well as read? What do you write? I used to write poems and I started a children fantasy series when I was a teenager, but I have to confess that I haven’t been writing much during the last three years or so. I guess I’m just leaving it to those who actually know what they are doing. 😉
- Who inspired your love of reading? My mom because she always read stories to me when I was little and took me to the library so I could lend tons of books. (Think Matilda with a cart; that would be mini-me.)
- Do you have a friend or group you talk about books with in person? Where did you find this group? Not really… The people close to me don’t really like to read and wouldn’t read in English anyway. In fact, most people don’t even know I blog about books…
- How many books did you read in 2015? 185, which is a ridiculous amount of books and I still don’t know how I actually managed to read them all.
- Do you have a favorite genre? Or do you prefer literary fiction? I don’t have just one favorite genre, but I do love anything mystery/thriller, historical fiction and fantasy.
- How about historical fiction? I really enjoy reading historical fiction; both recent history and other eras…
- How many hours a week do you spend on your blog? That’s a difficult question, because I don’t always have a lot of time to blog… But I try to spend at least an hour or maybe two a day both writing posts and reading other blogs. Having the WordPress App on my phone does help a lot, although it doesn’t always work perfectly.
- What’s your favorite part of blogging? Definitely the interaction with other bloggers. I love meeting other people who love books as much as I do!
- What can you reach out and touch now with your right hand? My always-present kindle. I’m about to write a review and I always have my highlights handy for possible quotes and references.
Talking about food; I finally managed to post two new recipes at my Easy Peasy Delicious Food blog! 😀 Doughless Chard Pizza and Fresh Summer Corn Salad… The pizza is a personal favorite of mine. I also finally gave in and bought a muffin mold, so I’m going to be making muffins soon! And I made a batch of delicious oatmeal banana cookies the other day based on a recipe I found here. I will be changing the recipe a bit more next week and turn them into yummy banana breakfast bars! 😀
Also, as some of you already know it’s currently summer down here in Argentina and the perfect way to survive the 35-40ºC heat is taking these kayaks out during the afternoon… Did I mention before that I love kayaking?! Drinking this refreshing typical South American drink tereré does help a lot as well… It’s basically herbs (the same as mate) with cold juice and delicious. 😀
# WHAT’S NEW ON IT’S ALL ABOUT BOOKS
- Monday: BOOK REVIEW: Serafina And The Black Cloak – by Robert Beatty
- Tuesday: Teaser Tuesdays #77 – January 19th: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line // BOOK REVIEW: All The Truth That’s In Me – by Julie Berry
- Wednesday: WWW Wednesdays #74 – January 20th
- Thursday: BOOK REVIEW: Confessions Of A Murder Suspect – by James Patterson
- Friday: Friday Finds #70 – January 22nd // BOOK REVIEW: Fantastic Mr. Fox – by Roald Dahl
- Saturday: Best of 2015: January – June
That’s all for this Sunday Post… I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!