- Randomly choose 3 books you’ve read. (Use the ‘random’ option on your Goodreads “read” shelf.*)
- For each group of three books, decide which book you’d burn, rewrite, or reread.
- Repeat until you complete three rounds (or five)
Here we go!
The problem here is that I don’t really want to reread any of these three… But if I have to pick one I prefer Gone Girl just so I can do a movie-book comparison. I have no problem whatsoever to see An Abundance Of Katherines burn… Who knows, it might be good for my John Green overdose. I read The King Must Die a long time ago to remember all the details, but what I can see from my review is that it was a bit slow and too different from the original story… So rewriting it doesn’t sound like a bad idea.
- BURN: An Abundance Of Katherines by John Green
- REWRITE: The King Must Die by Mary Renault
- REREAD: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Round two turned out to be a lot easier! Where’d You Go, Bernadette is easily my least favorite of the bunch so it will have to burn. I liked A Feast For Crows, but it does read awfully slow and I would like to save (or kill!) a character or two… So rewriting it is! And I really enjoyed reading The Forgotten Garden and it’s been too long, so I wouldn’t mind a reread.
- BURN: Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Temple
- REWRITE: A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin
- REREAD: The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
Noooooo!!!! I really REALLY don’t want to burn any of these… But there is no way I’m going to say goodbye to one of my childhood favorites or one of my all time favorite dystopian reads, so mister Dracula will have to go. It does seem fitting though for a vampire to burn… 😉 I would rewrite Charlie And The Chocolate Factory although I like it as it is already, just so I can reread Fahrenheit 451 again. (Which I was already planning to do this year anyway)
- BURN: Dracula by Bram Stoker
- REWRITE: Charlie And The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- REREAD: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
The fourth round turns out to be supereasy. I really didn’t like Evensong so it will soon feel the heat… Cross was entertaining enough, but it does have flaws so it’s a perfect candidate for a rewrite. Plus I really want to reread None Of The Above at some point anyway because it’s SUCH a good book. ❤
- BURN: Evensong by Krista Walsh
- REWRITE: Cross by James Patterson
- REREAD: None Of The Above by I.W. Gregorio
Another quite easy choice. I read Testimony a long time ago, but I that doesn’t take away that I remember not being impressed at all and I don’t mind burning it. Memories was interesting enough, but maybe rewriting it to add more diversity to the feelings of the poems would make it better… And I loved reading The Road in the past, so I wouldn’t mind a reread.
- BURN: Testimony by Anita Shreve
- REWRITE: Memories by Lang Leav
- REREAD: The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Have you read any of these? Do you feel the same? Feel free to consider yourself tagged if you want to join the fun! 😀