The second month of 2016 has flown away and it looks like summer is slowly coming to an end. I’m keeping my fingers crossed the weather will stay good another month because March is going to be busy! Short trips, a wedding, my birthday… Fun activities, but I’m not sure I will actually be able to read much this month. 😉 I didn’t read as much as normal either last month, but that was mostly because of a beginning reading slump I’m still not completely over. It shows in the pagecount, but at least I managed to at least finish 13 titles… Even though some of them were quite short.
- Number of books read in February: 13
- Total number of books read this year: 29
- Total number of pages read in February: 4.042
- Total number of pages read this year: 9.210
Lots of either great/amazing books or disappointing reads this month… Which I’m ok with as long as there are more books belonging to the first category. I’m also finally almost up-to-date with my reviews this time (some scheduled to be published soon), which is a miracle haha.
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
All The Light We Cannot See – by Anthony Doerr
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
Snow Like Ashes – by Sara Raasch // Sharp Objects – by Gillian Flynn // Every Day – by David Levithan // Charm & Strange – by Stephanie Kuehn // Furiously Happy – by Jenny Lawson
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
Me Before You – by Jojo Moyes // Bestiario – by Julio Cortázar
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
Mr. Kiss And Tell – by Rob Thomas
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
Never Never Part Three – by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
1 STAR: Boy, this one gave me a hard time. Not a book to touch again.
Death Of Secrets – by Bowen Greenwood
New year means new challenges… I decided to join in total four yearly challenges this time, and so far I’m right on track with all of them. Hopefully I will be able to keep this up! 😀
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads Reading Challenge: 29/100
- Reading Through The Centuries Challenge: 2/10
- 2016 When Are You Reading? Challenge: 6/12
- The 2016 Bookish Bingo Challenge: 20/35
As for my other blogging goals… I managed to complete the challenge goal already and things are looking great when it comes to finishing series. I finally started reading in Spanish again and I have been working on my older reviews as well! 😀 My TBR pile is still hopeless and I have yet to pick up a classic or do a reread, but it’s still too early in the year to worry about that. I’m also slowly progressing with my running goal, which is what I’m probably most excited about. 😀
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count): 0/5
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count): 3/5 (the murder complex/never never/veronica mars)
- Reread at least 3 books: 0/3
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 200 books: 267/200
- Read at least one book over 800 pages: 0/1 (longest book 608 pages)
- Read at least 5 books in Spanish: 1/5
Join at least 5 challenges during the year
- Finish older reviews that haven’t been posted yet: 4/10
- Update older reviews to new format: 4/14
- Reach 5km running! 2300m/5000m
Happy March and Happy Reading!