March was quite a busy month with a short trip to Uruguay, a wedding and my birthday taking away a lot of my reading time, but somehow I still managed to read more than I expected. A few rainy days and quite a lot of quick reads made it possible to almost reach the halfway mark of my Goodreads goal already! 😀 And since down here in Argentina it’s Autumn right now, I’m sure the colder (and sometimes wet) weather will help me read a lot more in the months to come.
- Number of books read in March: 18 (+1 reread)
- Total number of books read this year: 47 (+1 reread)
- Total number of pages read in March: 5.581
- Total number of pages read this year: 14.791
I managed to read a lot of books in the end in March, but none of them received a rating higher than 4 stars. In fact, 11 books received a 3 star rating or below, with one of them even being my first DNF ever. All in all quite disappointing; I’m keeping my fingers crossed next month’s reads will be better! On the brighter side: I’m right on track with my book reviews, which is a small miracle by itself. Some of them haven’t been posted yet, but are already scheduled. 😉
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
Kindred Spirits – by Rainbow Rowell // One – by Sarah Crossan // REREAD: Red Queen – by Victoria Aveyard // The Bookshop Book – by Jen Campbell // Random – by Tom Leveen
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
The Secrets Of Lake Road – by Karen Katchur // Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – by Mindy Kaling // Apple And Rain – by Sarah Crossan // Beautiful Darkness – by Kami Garcia // Where Things Come Back – by John Corey Whaley
1 STAR: Boy, this one gave me a hard time. Not a book to touch again.
Eve – by Iris Johansen
0 STARS (DNF): I didn’t even bother to finish this one. Absolutely and totally horrible!
The Liar’s Chair – by Rebecca Whitney
A new year means new challenges… I decided to join in total four yearly challenges this time, and so far I’m right on track with all of them. Hopefully I will be able to keep this up! 😀
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads Reading Challenge: 47/100
- Reading Through The Centuries Challenge: 2/10
- 2016 When Are You Reading? Challenge: 7/12
- The 2016 Bookish Bingo Challenge: 24/35
As for my other blogging goals… I haven’t been paying a lot of attention to them and only managed to squeeze in my first reread of 2016. My TBR pile is still hopeless and I should work on those classics, Spanish reads and older reviews… My running has been put on hold temporarily until my knee agrees to behave again, but hopefully I will be working on my 5km goal again some time this month.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count): 0/5
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count): 3/5 (the murder complex/never never/veronica mars)
- Reread at least 3 books: 1/3 (red queen)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 200 books: 285/200
- Read at least one book over 800 pages: 0/1 (longest book 608 pages)
- Read at least 5 books in Spanish: 1/5
Join at least 5 challenges during the year
- Finish older reviews that haven’t been posted yet: 4/10
- Update older reviews to new format: 4/14
- Reach 5km running! 2300m/5000m
Happy April and Happy Reading!