April was a month full of bad weather with a lot of rain and it is getting seriously cold down here in Argentina as well. Have I mentioned before that I HATE the cold winter months? I guess the only positive thing is that cold winter days will mean I will have more time to read… Although I prefer being outside in the sun instead. 😉 As far as reading goes, while I managed to get the highest pagecount yet this year, I honestly thought I would be able to read more. Especially since I was stuck nursing an injured knee the first half of April… But I’m not complaining since I’m way ahead with my challenge in the first place. On to some numbers:
- Number of books read in April: 17
- Total number of books read this year: 64 (+1 reread)
- Total number of pages read in April: 5.753
- Total number of pages read this year: 20.544
I made it to the 20.000 pages mark already! 😀 I can’t believe I have already read this many pages this year… April was a pretty lucky reading month as well since no less than 3! books received the highest rating and only four books had a 3 star rating or below. After an unsatisfactory March, this sure was a pleasant surprise!
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
Steal Like An Artist – by Austin Kleon // The Conspiracy Of Us – by Maggie Hall // A Darker Shade Of Magic – by V.E. Schwab
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
Famous Last Words – by Katie Alender // Maybe Not – by Colleen Hoover
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
Not If I See You First – by Eric Lindstrom // Suicide Notes – by Michael Thomas Ford // The Girl In The Ice – by Robert Bryndza // Maybe Someday – by Colleen Hoover
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
Blood Orchids – by Toby Neal
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
Ice Like Fire – by Sara Raasch
In 2016 I decided to join in total four yearly challenges. So far I’m right on track with all of them even though I haven’t made any progress with the second. Hopefully I will be able to keep this up! I’m also joining the second Bout Of Books Read-A-Thon (16.0) this year which will be hosted in May. 😀
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads Reading Challenge: 64/100
- Reading Through The Centuries Challenge: 2/10
- 2016 When Are You Reading? Challenge: 8/12
- The 2016 Bookish Bingo Challenge: 28/35
As for my other blogging goals… Basically, I couldn’t have done worse this month. I made no progress whatsoever with any of them, and to make things worse my TBR pile has even increased! since last month. I’m hopeless, I know… I’m planning to read at least a classic and a Spanish book next month to make up for it.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count): 0/5
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count): 3/5 (the murder complex/never never/veronica mars)
- Reread at least 3 books: 1/3 (red queen)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 200 books: 292/200
- Read at least one book over 800 pages: 0/1 (longest book 608 pages)
- Read at least 5 books in Spanish: 1/5
Join at least 5 challenges during the year
- Finish older reviews that haven’t been posted yet: 4/10
- Update older reviews to new format: 4/14
- Reach 5km running! 2300m/5000m
Happy May and Happy Reading!