WWW WEDNESDAYS is a weekly meme hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World Of Words and is all about answering the three questions below.
- WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?
Basically, I haven’t been having a lot of free time to read lately… So while I have started both these books above, I’m not sure when I will actually finish them. First up is More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera, a book that has been recommended to me quite a lot and I’m really looking forward to. The other is a Sherlock Holmes retelling: A Study In Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. I can’t wait to continue reading both soon!
- WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
* The first book I managed to finish is The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, which turned out to be an entertaining enough middle grade classic. Still, I probably would have enjoyed it better reading it about twenty years ago…
* Another book I was able to finish is Heartsick by Chelsea Cain, which turned out to be one of the best whodunit reads I’ve read in a while. I will definitely be reading more of this series! Some of the scenes might be a bit gruesome if you have a weak stomach, but I personally didn’t mind. The main character Archie is a detective with a very messed up personal life (which is not original at all in this genre), but the story more than makes up for it.
* The last title I managed to finish is Housebroken by The Behrg, which turned out to be a really messed up thriller/horror story about a kidnapping similar to your worst nightmare… If you enjoy a good horror read, definitely make sure to check out this book!
- WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’LL READ NEXT?
I haven’t be able to read much, so yet again I haven’t been able to read many of the titles I mentioned before. But since I’ve finally finished Housebroken, I have a new pending ARC: The Munich Girl by Phyllis Edgerly Ring, I love historical fiction set during WWII, so I’m looking forward to start reading it. I also still want to read Out Of The Easy by Ruta Sepetys, but I don’t know how much longer I can resist the temptation of reading A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J. Maas… Plus, I’m afraid I will run into unwanted spoilers any day now. 😉 My newest TBR jar pick is still The Opposite Of Loneliness by Marina Keegan.