June was probably my worst reading month in a long time… With the upcoming trip to The Netherlands and all the paperwork I need to get in order before August, I haven’t been having a lot of reading time. Add a very nasty flu and a fantasy reading slump, and I’m surprised I managed to actually finish 11 books (although a few were short reads). Finally signing up for Netgalley did help me get back on track though, and I have been reading more during the last days of June. And since it’s already freezing outside here, I’m hoping to get more reading done in July before I leave for my trip. Preferably with a hot beverage and my cat Jazmin closeby. 😉
- Number of books read in June: 11
- Total number of books read this year: 93 (+1 reread)
- Total number of pages read in June: 3.270
- Total number of pages read this year: 29.009
June was a pretty good month when it comes to ratings with one new 5 star rating and four other titles with 4 stars or more. Sure, three books really disappointed me, but the good reads definitely made up for it!
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
All The Missing Girls – by Megan Miranda
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
Tell Me Three Things – by Julie Buxbaum
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
The Opposite Of Loneliness – by Marina Keegan // Seven Ways We Lie – by Riley Redgate
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
More Happy Than Not – by Adam Silvera
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
We Awaken – by Calista Lynne
In 2016 I decided to join in total four yearly challenges. So far I’m right on track with most of them, so I’m not really worried yet.
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads Reading Challenge: 93/100
- Reading Through The Centuries Challenge: 4/10
- 2016 When Are You Reading? Challenge: 9/12
- The 2016 Bookish Bingo Challenge: 31/35
As for my other blogging goals…Basically, I haven’t made any progress since last month, and my TBR pile has even increased. Oops! I don’t think I will be able to do much in July either, but hopefully I will be able to at least control my TBR pile better. And running. I’m keeping my fingers crossed my knee won’t be bothering me again when I will try to start running again next week.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count): 3/5
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count): 3/5 (the murder complex/never never/veronica mars)
- Reread at least 3 books: 2/3 (red queen, harry potter y la piedra filosofal)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 200 books: 350/200
- Read at least one book over 800 pages: 0/1 (longest book 608 pages)
- Read at least 5 books in Spanish: 2/5
Join at least 5 challenges during the year
- Finish older reviews that haven’t been posted yet: 4/10
- Update older reviews to new format: 4/14
- Reach 5km running! 2300m/5000m
Happy July and Happy Reading!