I was tagged for the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag earlier this month by Ajoobacats Blog and I thought it was a great way to review the books I’ve read so far this year! Here we go…
1. Best Book You’ve Read Yet in 2016.
I seriously can’t narrow it down to just one… So I’m going to cheat and pick a favorite for various genres.
A Darker Shade Of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- Historical Fiction
All The Light We Cannot See by Antony Doerr
- Contemporary / Romance
I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
- Mystery /Thriller
All The Missing Girls by Megan Miranda
YA (Ok, I cheated a little with this category, but I couldn’t NOT mention this book)
The Conspiracy Of Us by Maggie Hall
2. Best Sequel You’ve Read So Far in 2016.
That would be between A Gathering Of Shadows by V.E. Schwab and Map Of Fates by Maggie Hall. Both sequels weren’t as strong as the first book, but still great reads!
3. New Release You Haven’t Read Yet But Want To.
There are SO many new releases I want to read! But this month I’m definitely going to try The Fire Child by S.K. Tremayne.
4. Most Anticipated Release for the Second Half of the Year.
Without doubt Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo.
5. Biggest Disappointment.
6. Biggest Surprise.
All The Truth That’s In Me by Julie Berry
7. Favorite New Author.
I’ve discovered many great new authors this year, but my favorites would be both Maggie Hall and V.E. Schwab.
8. Newest Fictional Crush.
Ehm, I don’t know? I have to confess I never actually have a crush on characters… Call me cheesy, but I’m already too in love with my hubby. 😉
9. Newest Favorite Character.
I love the Shades Of Magic characters!
10. Book That Made You Cry.
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider
11. Book That Made You Happy.
Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
12. Favorite Book to Film Adaptation.
I’m not sure I have seen any of this year’s book to film adaptations yet… Shocking, I know.
13. Favorite Post You Have Done This Year.
14. Most Beautiful Book You’ve Bought This Year.
I think it’s impossible to pick just one or even a few favorite covers. There are so many gorgeous ones out there!
15. What Books Do You Need to Read by the End of the Year.
What about all the books on my TBR pile? Something impossible, I know I know. But these below are a few that are on my priority list:
- A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Broken Hearts, Fences And Other Things To Mend by Katie Finn
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
- More Than This by Patrick Ness
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Talon by Julie Kagawa
- The Bird And The Sword by Amy Harmon
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- The Museum Of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik