July was probably one of the best reading months so far this year, and I’m still surprised I was able to read this much since I’m still busy with preparations for my trip. I guess finally signing up for Netgalley was a great idea, because no less than 7 books were Netgalley reads in July. The cold weather did help a lot as well. 😉 I don’t think I won’t be reading that many books before I leave this August 14th though… And I will be going on a hiatus starting that date as well. (Although I will probably still update my Goodreads account with the books I will be reading). I’m not particularly looking forward to the paperwork, but I AM happy to escape the last of the cold weather down here in Argentina haha.
- Number of books read in July: 21
- Total number of books read this year: 114 (+1 reread)
- Total number of pages read in July: 6.470
- Total number of pages read this year: 35.479
July was an excellent month when it comes to ratings with one new 5 star rating and eleven! other titles with 4 stars or more. Sure, four books were a bit disappointing but the good reads definitely made up for it.
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
The Summer That Melted Everything – by Tiffany McDaniel
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
Cascadia – by H.W. “Buzz” Bernard // Out Of The Easy – by Ruta Sepetys // The Night Stalker – by Robert Bryndza // The Girl With All The Gifts – by M.R. Carey // The Fire Child – by S.K. Tremayne
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
My Girl – by Jack Jordan // Everything, Everything – by Nicola Yoon // The Sister – by Louise Jensen // The Ice Twins – by S.K. Tremayne // Rot & Ruin – by Jonathan Maberry // When We Collided – by Emery Lord
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
The Straw King – by Danielle Paige
In 2016 I initially decided to join in total four yearly challenges. And I finally managed to finish the first one this month! I did decide to update my Goodreads Challenge to 150 books though. I’m getting behind with the Reading Through The Centuries Challenge; I need to pick up some classics ASAP.
# CHALLENGES #
Goodreads Reading Challenge:DONE!! (100/100)
- Goodreads Reading Challenge UPDATE: 114/150
- Reading Through The Centuries Challenge: 4/10
- 2016 When Are You Reading? Challenge: 10/12
- The 2016 Bookish Bingo Challenge: 31/35
As for my other blogging goals…Basically, I haven’t made any progress since last month other than that I’ve cleaned up my kindle and TBR pile and it’s now down to 254 books. Still enormous, but I might actually be able to bring it down to 200 by the end of the year! I’ve also finally been able to pick up my running, so hopefully I will be able to at least add a km or two in the next two months.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count): 3/5
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count): 3/5 (the murder complex/never never/veronica mars)
- Reread at least 3 books: 2/3 (red queen, harry potter y la piedra filosofal)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 200 books: 254/200
- Read at least one book over 800 pages: 0/1 (longest book 608 pages)
- Read at least 5 books in Spanish: 2/5
Join at least 5 challenges during the year
- Finish older reviews that haven’t been posted yet: 4/10
- Update older reviews to new format: 4/14
- Reach 5km running! 2300m/5000m
Happy August and Happy Reading!