I still can’t believe January is already over! It seems like yesterday when I was typing the same thing for 2016… Time is seriously flying away. January was an excellent bookish month for me. Not only did I finally create both a Twitter and Instagram account for It’s All About Books, but I also managed to somehow get rid of the backlog of reviews AND read 22 books… I’m not sure how all that happened still haha. It’s currently summer down here in Argentina and the weather is HOT, but unfortunately the water level at the river is dangerously high so no kayaking for me. 😦 I did start running again though, and I’m slowly trying to get back on track for those 5km. Hopefully next month I will reach at least the halfway mark! As for the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in January: 22
- Total number of books read this year: 22
- Total number of pages read in January: 6.568
- Total number of pages read this year: 6.568
I still can’t believe how lucky I was with my reads in January! It doesn’t happen often that I find three new 5 star reads in one month, and several 4,5 star reads as well. In fact, I’ve been doubting with at least half of those titles whether to change the rating to the highest one; they have just been THAT good. I had a DNF as well, which doesn’t happen often, but I guess the other titles more than make up for it.
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
The Perfect Stranger – by Megan Miranda // Mosquitoland – by David Arnold // The One Memory Of Flora Banks – by Emily Barr
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
Witness – by Caroline Mitchell // The Serpent King – by Jeff Zentner // The Sun Is Also A Star – by Nicola Yoon // Don’t Look Behind You – by Mel Sherratt // Blink – by K.L. Slater // Making Faces – by Amy Harmon
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
Big Mushy Happy Lump – by Sarah Andersen // The Thankful – by Jamie Campbell // It’s All Absolutely Fine – by Ruby Elliot // The Darkest Minds – by Alexandra Bracken
0 STARS (DNF): I didn’t even bother to finish this one. Absolutely and totally horrible!
You – by Caroline Kepnes
A new year means new challenges… I’ve actually signed up for two more yearly challenges than usual, but both the Netgalley and the Beat The Backlist challenge will hopefully help me keep my TBR under control this year. I’ll be looking forward to these challenges! 😀
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge: 22/100
- Reading Through The Centuries: 1/10
- 2017 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge: 12 Netgalley ARCs and 3 other ARCs
- 2017 When Are You Reading?: 2/12
- 2017 Beat The Backlist: 6 books published in 2016, 4/50 published in 2013-2015 and 1/20 book published before 2013
- 2017 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge: 14/26
As for my other goals… I’m having the feeling my TBR goal is going to be slightly complicated, but at least I made a head start and created my Twitter account already. 😉 Hopefully I will be able to start making a dent in some of these goals in February!
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count) 0/5
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count) 0/5
- Reread at least 3 books 0/3
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 250 books 307/250
- Read at least one book over 800 pages (maximum at 562 pages)
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 0/2
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
Join at least 5 challenges during the year
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% currently at 82%
Start a Twitter account and use it regularly
- Reach 5km running! 2000m/5000m
Happy February and Happy Reading!