It’s March 2017 already, and the summer is slowly coming to an end… February was quite a busy month for me, and it shows in the amount of books I was able to read. A wedding, Carnaval weekend… I guess it took away some of my reading time, but I’m not complaining. 😉 I did manage to read 13 books in February and I continued enjoying my new Instagram account as well. Bookstagram is seriously addicting! These nine photos are my personal February favorites; I’m still trying to find my own style, but I’m having lots of fun anyway! 😀
As for the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in February: 13
- Total number of books read this year: 35
- Total number of pages read in February: 4.524
- Total number of pages read this year: 11.081
February was still a good reading month despite the three low ratings, and I had no less than five 4,5 star ratings, which isn’t bad at all. I’m definitely not complaining!
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
The Impossible Fortress – by Jason Rekulak // Rebel Of The Sands – by Alwyn Hamilton // Traitor To The Throne – by Alwyn Hamilton // The Killing Game – by J.S. Carol // The Song Of Achilles – by Madeline Miller
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
Missing – by Monty Marsden
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
The Paris Mysteries – by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
1.5 STARS: The story wasn’t horrible, but there still isn’t another word to describe it but ‘bad’.
The Light That Gets Lost – by Natasha Carthew
A new year means new challenges… I ended up joining way more challenges than usual, but at least I’ve already made a lot of progress with the ABC challenges so far. The other challenges are on track as well, although I should read a few classics for my Reading Through The Centuries challenge just in case.
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge: 35/100
- Reading Through The Centuries: 1/10
- 2017 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge: 18 Netgalley ARCs and 4 other ARCs
- 2017 When Are You Reading?: 5/12
- 2017 Beat The Backlist: 11 books published in 2016, 10/50 published in 2013-2015 and 2/20 book published before 2013
- 2017 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge: 19/26
- 2017 Author ABC Challenge: 18/26
As for my other goals…No real progress in February, mostly because I’ve been reading quite a lot of ARCs. Hopefully March will be better, although it will be a tough one!
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count) 0/5
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count) 0/5
- Reread at least 3 books 0/3
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 250 books 307/250
- Read at least one book over 800 pages (maximum at 562 pages)
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 0/2
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
Join at least 5 challenges during the year
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% currently at 78%
Start a Twitter account and use it regularly
- Reach 5km running! 2000m/5000m
Happy March and Happy Reading!