It’s somehow June already and it’s been getting pretty cold down here in Argentina already… Looks like Autumn decided to leave the building and Winter came early this year. Did I mention how much I hate the cold weather before?! I’ve been bundled up inside for most of May and it shows in my reading numbers. Somehow I managed to read AND review no less than 21 books last month! Trust me, I can’t believe this number either. 😱 18 of them were actually ARCs, and even with this number my pile of pending ARCs has only increased. Oops? I’m really happy I’ve managed to keep up with my reviews for yet another month though and it’s such a great feeling not having pending reviews staring at me waiting to be written! 😁
As for the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in May: 21
- Total number of books read this year: 89
- Total number of pages read in May: 6.793
- Total number of pages read this year: 29.518
May was a great month in general and I even managed to have another TWO new 5 star ratings as well. And only five books were three stars or below, so I’m not complaining.
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
The Darkest Lies – by Barbara Copperthwaite // Manipulated Lives – by H.A. Leuschel // Be My Killer – by Richard Parker // Words In Deep Blue – by Cath Crowley // Feel Me Fall – by James Morris // Sherlock Holmes And The Nine-Dragon Sigil – by Tim Symonds
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
Heartborn – by Terry Maggert
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
The Murder Of An Angel – by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
1.5 STARS: The story wasn’t horrible, but there still isn’t another word to describe it but ‘bad’.
Aurabel – by Laura Dockrill
Somehow I have joined way more challenges than usual this year, but at least I’ve already made a lot of progress with most of them so far. I should really start working on both my Reading Through The Centuries and Beat The Backlist challenge again though!
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge: 89/100
- Reading Through The Centuries: 1/10
- 2017 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge: 47 Netgalley ARCs and 18 other ARCs
- 2017 When Are You Reading?: 9/12
- 2017 Beat The Backlist: 23 books published in 2016, 15/50 published in 2013-2015 and 5/20 books published before 2013
- 2017 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge: 23/26
- 2017 Author ABC Challenge: 22/26
- Hooked To Books Challenge: 89/120
As for my other goals…I managed to maintain my Netgalley ratio above 80% and complete another series, which I’m pretty happy about. I haven’t done anything about the other goals though and things are pretty hopeless when it comes to my TBR pile. I’m seriously considering doing a kindle clean out to get rid of some titles I would probably never read anyway…
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count) 1/5 (The Color Purple)
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count) 3/5 (Shades Of Magic, The Dominion Trilogy, Confessions)
- Reread at least 3 books 1/3 (The Perfect Stranger)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 250 books 394/250
- Read at least one book over 800 pages (maximum at 624 pages)
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 0/2
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
Join at least 5 challenges during the year
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% currently at 82%
Start a Twitter account and use it regularly
- Reach 5km running! 2000m/5000m
Happy June and Happy Reading!