It’s July already, which means the first half of 2017 is now officially over! 😱 Somehow I managed to read AND review no less than 18 books last month, although a bunch of them were actually short reads… Still, I’m quite happy with that number. 14 of these were actually ARCs, and I finally have less ARCs that I started with last month. It’s a miracle! I’m really hoping to keep this up and being able to read more of my own books in August… And I’m really happy I’ve managed to keep up with my reviews for yet another month; it’s such a great feeling not having pending reviews staring at me waiting to be written! 😁
EDIT: I forgot to add that I decided to join the Litsy App this month! I’ve been using it for about two weeks now and I’m really loving the experience so far. It’s kind of a mix between Twitter and Instagram and the community is just lovely! Feel free to add me at yvo_about_books if you have an account. 🙂
As for the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in June: 18
- Total number of books read this year: 107
- Total number of pages read in June: 5.750
- Total number of pages read this year: 35.268
June was another pretty good month and I even managed to have another TWO new 5 star ratings. I did end up having seven books that were three stars or below… And a bunch of unpopular opinion reviews as well.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
The Weight Of Lies – by Emily Carpenter
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
The Mayfly – by James Hazel // Two Sisters – by Kerry Wilkinson // And I Darken – by Kiersten White // Now I Rise – by Kiersten White // Quirky Essays For Quirky People – by Barbara Venkataraman
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
The Book Of Whispers – by Kimberley Starr
1.5 STARS: The story wasn’t horrible, but there still isn’t another word to describe it but ‘bad’.
Can’t Buy Forever – by Susan Laffoon
Somehow I have joined way more challenges than usual this year, but at least I’ve already made a lot of progress with most of them so far. I actually completed my Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge this month! Although I decided to up the number since there are six months left of 2017 still… I should really start working on both my Reading Through The Centuries and Beat The Backlist challenge again though.
# CHALLENGES #
Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge: DONE 100/100
- Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge TAKE TWO: 107/175
- Reading Through The Centuries: 2/10
- 2017 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge: 57 Netgalley ARCs and 22 other ARCs
- 2017 When Are You Reading?: 9/12
- 2017 Beat The Backlist: 27 books published in 2016, 18/50 published in 2013-2015 and 1/20 books published before 2013
- 2017 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge: 23/26
- 2017 Author ABC Challenge: 24/26
- Hooked To Books Challenge: 107/120
As for my other goals…I managed to maintain my Netgalley ratio above 80% and read another classic, which I’m pretty happy about. I haven’t done anything about the other goals though and things are pretty hopeless when it comes to my TBR pile. I’m seriously considering doing a kindle clean out to get rid of some titles I would probably never read anyway…
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count) 2/5 (The Color Purple, Little Women)
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count) 3/5 (Shades Of Magic, The Dominion Trilogy, Confessions)
- Reread at least 3 books 1/3 (The Perfect Stranger)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 250 books 392/250
- Read at least one book over 800 pages (maximum at 624 pages)
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 0/2
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
Join at least 5 challenges during the year
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% currently at 85%
Start a Twitter account and use it regularly
- Reach 5km running! 2000m/5000m
Happy July and Happy Reading!