First of all I want to wish everybody a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2018!! May this year be filled with happiness for all of you. ❤
Now that it’s January 1st, it’s time to think about my reading goals for 2018. I still can’t believe I was able to read over 180 books for the third year in a row, and I don’t pretend I will be able to reach that amount again… So I have decided to not stress myself and keep my challenges reasonable, especially considering I’ve been in a slump for the last couple of months. The reading slump is mostly defeated, but the blogging slump is still lingering and I’m taking things slowly to not suffer from any relapses. 😉 The new feature Yvo’s Shorties is definitely helping getting rid of that book review backlog though! Also, I’ve decided 2018 will be all about having fun reading and reading more of my own books. As much as I love my ARCs, last year a whopping 66% of the books I read were ARCs and I really need to focus on all those poor neglected books collecting dust on my shelves again.
So these will be my goals for 2018, besides the fact I want to take things slower and read more of my own books:
- I have set my Goodreads Reading Challenge to 100 books.
- Read at least 3 classics (rereads don’t count)
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count)
- Reread at least 2 books
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 300 books and keep it that way.
- Read at least one book over 800 pages
- Read at least 1 book in Spanish
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch
- Read more international authors/translations (at least 10)
- Join at least 5 challenges during the year
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80%
- Update more frequently and try not to get too behind with reviews
- Be more active in the community and try to comment more. I always try to, but somehow it is hard to find enough time to read, blog AND comment on the blogs I follow…
- Get fit, eat more healthy and participate in a 5km run! I really have to focus more on my running this year. Again. But this time I’m determined to make it!