It’s been a while since I did one of these posts… Blame the slump monster. xD I’ve decided to do a short wrap up post of the last three months of 2017 together instead of three different posts and then start 2018 fresh… And I’m keeping my fingers crossed the slump monster will never make its appearance again!
As for the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in October-December: 24
- Total number of books read this year: 189
- Total number of pages read in October-December: 8.263
- Total number of pages read this year: 63.309
During the last three months I had good reads, bad reads and quite a few in between… Since I still have quite a few reviews pending (although the Yvo’s Shorties feature is helping me catch up quicker than anticipated), I will be doing the next part a bit different and just list the titles I managed to read according to their rating.
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
- NOV 7th: Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine – by Gail Honeyman (4,5/5)
- NOV 4th: The Secret Mother – by Shalini Boland (4,5/5)
- OCT 28th: The Temptation Of Adam – by David Connis (4,5/5)
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
- DEC 28th: Still Alice – by Lisa Genova (4/5)
- DEC 19th: The Silent Children – by Carol Wyer (4/5)
- NOV 14th: Fragments Of The Lost – by Megan Miranda (4/5)
- OCT 24th: The Lost Child – by Patricia Gibney (4/5)
- OCT 20th: Bird Box – by Josh Malerman (4/5)
- OCT 14th: Hide And Seek – by M.J. Arlidge (4/5)
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
- DEC 3rd: Herding Cats – by Sarah Andersen (3,5/5)
- OCT 23rd: The Invisible Man – by H.G. Wells (3,5/5)
- OCT 21st: Things I Should Have Known – by Claire LaZebnik (3,5/5)
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
- DEC 31st: Utopia – by Thomas More (3/5)
- DEC 25th: The Marble Collector – by Cecelia Ahern (3/5)
- DEC 22nd: We Have Always Lived In The Castle – by Shirley Jackson (3/5)
- DEC 4th: IT – by Stephen King (3/5)
- NOV 16th: Armada – by Ernest Cline (3/5)
- OCT 12th: The Rules Of Magic – by Alice Hoffman (3/5)
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
- DEC 25th: Our Numbered Days – by Neil Hilborn (2,5/5)
- NOV 19th: Alex And Eliza – by Melissa De La Cruz (2,5/5)
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
- DEC 30th: Captain Alatriste – by Arturo Pérez-Reverte (2/5) SPANISH
- DEC 14th: Still Life With Tornado – by A.S. King (2/5)
Call it a miracle, but somehow I managed to complete nearly all my 2017 Reading Challenges in time!! The last two (Reading Through The Centuries and 2017 When Are You Reading) were a close call since I finished Utopia on the 31st, but finished is finished right? 😉 The tricky V and X prevented me from completing the Alphabet Soup challenge though… I had various titles ready for the first, but just didn’t have time to squeeze them all in before the end of the year.
# CHALLENGES #
Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge: DONE 100/100 Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge TAKE TWO: DONE 189/175 Reading Through The Centuries: 10/10 2017 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge: 99 Netgalley ARCs and 26 other ARCs 2017 When Are You Reading?: 12/12 2017 Beat The Backlist: 35 books published in 2016, 27/50 published in 2013-2015 and 25/20 books published before 2013 DONE!! total 52 books
- 2017 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge: 24/26
2017 Author ABC Challenge: DONE 26/26 Hooked To Books Challenge: DONE 120/120
As for my other goals…I managed to complete at least most of my reading goals, which I’m quite happy about, because I had basically already given up on the TBR pile goal in the first place haha. I really have to focus on my Spanish reads this year though! And my running, which I have been slacking with A LOT during 2017, although it was partly due to some minor injuries that prevented me from running. I’m feeling 2018 is going to be my year though.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
Read at least 5 classics (rereads don’t count) DONE 5/5 (The Color Purple, Little Women, The Jungle Book, Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland, Flowers For Algernon) Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count) DONE 5/5 (Shades Of Magic, The Dominion Trilogy, Confessions, Chaos Walking, The Monsters Of Verity) Reread at least 3 books DONE 3/3 (The Perfect Stranger, This Savage Song, The Diary Of A Young Girl)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 250 books 362/250
- Read at least one book over 800 pages DONE, IT (1.478 pages)
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 1/2
Read at least 1 book in Dutch DONE 1/1 Join at least 5 challenges during the year Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% currently at 98% Start a Twitter account and use it regularly
- Reach 5km running! 2000m/5000m
Happy January and Happy Reading!