I just can’t wrap my head around the fact it’s Autumn already… How on earth has the season already changed when it still feels like January? I’m happy the heatwaves are over though; I don’t like the cold, but I think I prefer it over the 35+°C temperatures. xD March was a pretty good month, I had to celebrate I’m no longer in my twenties (o.O) and we had lots of fun during the Easter weekend. The second half of March has been all about starting to plan our Europe trip and I’ve been working on a new crochet project as well… I was making a throw, but I ran out of yarn and they don’t sell the color I need anymore (how did that happen?!?), so I dropped the project for now. I started making these crochet cactus plants instead and I’m totally hooked! They are so fun and easy to make and it’s been hard to stop haha.
Bookish wise March was an excellent month with no less than 20 books read! I still don’t know how I made this number, especially since I had 0 reading time during the Easter long weekend… But I’m not complaining. 😉
Now to the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in March: 20
- Total number of books read this year: 57
- Total number of pages read in March: 6.377
- Total number of pages read this year: 17.848
I somehow managed to read a lot last month, and even though I didn’t get another 5 star read, a whopping seven books were given an almost perfect rating. In fact, I seemed to have enjoyed at least half of my reads! I did get my first DNF of the year and a couple of other lower ratings, but overall I’m quite happy with last month. That and the fact I’ve been able to make a proper dent in my pile of ARCs.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
My Sweet Friend – by H.A. Leuschel // No Safe Place – by Patricia Gibney // The Sun Does Shine – by Anthony Ray Hinton // The Child Next Door – by Shalini Boland // Cocktails And Dreams – by A.L. Michael // Deadly Secrets – by Robert Bryndza // The Good Twin – by Marti Green
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
0 STARS (DNF): I didn’t even bother to finish this one. Absolutely and totally horrible!
Graffiti Palace – by A.G. Lombardo
I haven’t joined a lot of challenges this year so far, mostly because I decided to focus more on ‘fun’ reading and less on goals I have to complete. Things are going way better than thought though… And I was able to finished the planned goal of ARCs after only three months! I won’t be setting a new goal though, as I will be trying to read more of my own books now. The Beat The Backlist challenge is going way better than planned as well without even trying, so I’m confident I will make that one. I really need to start reading some classics for the Reading Through The Centuries challenge though.
# CHALLENGES #
As for my other goals… I managed to finish another series, which means I need to finish just one last series to make that goal. I also managed to add two new titles to my list of foreign authors/translations… Note: I’m calling authors international when they were born in a non-English country (AKA UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, you get the idea). As for the rest of them: the classics and rereading will have to wait until I have more time, but I’m hoping to at least squeeze in a Dutch read before the end of our Europe trip. My running sadly is still on hold since my knee keeps bothering me, but I’m hoping to strenghten it enough with speedwalking sessions to be able to start running soonish.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 3 classics (rereads don’t count) 0/3
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count) 4/5 (The Conspiracy Of Us, Bad Girls Don’t Die, Embassy Row, The 5th Wave)
- Reread at least 2 books 0/2
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 300 books and keep it that way. 390/300
- Read at least one book over 800 pages 0/1 (maximum 528 pages)
- Read at least 1 book in Spanish 0/1
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
- Read more international authors/translations (at least 10) 6/10 (Stage Four (The Netherlands)/ Born A Crime (South Africa)/ Halfway (India)/ A Castle In Romagna (Croatia)/ My Sweet Friend (Belgium)/ The Elephant Keeper’s Daughter (Germany))
- Join at least 5 challenges during the year 4/5
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% currently at 95%
- Reach 5km running! 2000m/5000m
Happy April and Happy Reading!