February turned out to be a busy month including a few days away visiting friends out of town, but somehow I managed to read a lot anyway. Definitely not what I was expecting! The weather has been crazy this summer, with 35+°C temperatures being mixed with almost freezing days… I’m seriously hoping winter won’t be coming early this year! *fingers crossed* Also, as you might have noticed, I haven’t been as active bloghopping and on social media recently. While I miss being around more, I really need the downtime to relax and not end up in a slump again… On the brighter side, I have been using Instagram more lately.
February was also the month I won my very first physical book giveaway ever, and a preorder I have been looking forward to as well. I can’t wait for it to be April so I can have it in my hands! ❤ And I tried ordering from Bookdepository for the first time last month (I wasn’t sure about the shipping in Argentina with customs problems and all, but Argentinian bloggers assured me things would work out), and my first batch of books arrived so fast! ❤ I also ordered a few more in February, and they just got here the other day as well. I’m probably going to do a Bookdepository book haul post soon!
Now to the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in February: 19
- Total number of books read this year: 47
- Total number of pages read in February: 6.809
- Total number of pages read this year: 15.609
February turned out to be quite a good month with a second 5 star read and a few others that were excellent as well. I did have my first DNF of the year and a few 3 star or below ratings, but overall not bad at all. I can’t believe how many of my books had either a purple or blue cover! It almost seems like I did it on purpose haha.
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
What The Wind Knows – by Amy Harmon
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
A Wrinkle In Time – by Madeleine D’Engle // The Mermaid’s Voice Returns In This One – by Amanda Lovelace // What If It’s Us – by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera // The Bitter Kingdom – by Rae Carson // An American Marriage – by Tayari Jones // To Make Monsters Out Of Girls – by Amanda Lovelace // Moon Over Soho – by Ben Aaronovitch
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
Half Lies – by Sally Green // Be Frank With Me – by Julia Claiborne Johnson
0 STARS (DNF): I didn’t even bother to finish this one. Either horrible or definitely not for me!
Shatter Me – by Tahereh Mafi
I joined more challenges than initially planned in 2019, but I feel all have doable goals that shouldn’t take too much work to finish. Things are going way better than planned so far! I’ll need to keep an eye on the Reading Through The Centuries one since it’s always tricky to get new years in (I read three classics but I already had those years listed). But it looks like the other challenges are well on track without even trying. Not bad at all. 😉
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge: 47/150
- 2019 Beat The Backlist Challenge: 18/80 books read published in 2018 or 2017 and 15/30 books read published 2016 or before. A total of 33/80 books.
- 2019 Beat The Backlist Epic BTB Bingo: 33/81 books read
- Reading Through The Centuries: 0/5
- 2019 Netgalley And Edelweiss Challenge: 16/50
- 2019 When Are You Reading?: 7/12
- Double Trouble ABC Challenge: TITLE 17/26 // AUTHOR 16/26
As for my other goals… Things are going better than expected! I have somehow managed to read both my 3 classics and my 800+ pages book already, so that’s two goals less to think about… The series, rereads and TBR jar picks are also looking good. My NG ratio is still going strong, although I do have about 20 pending titles on my shelves. xD I’ll have to be careful with my ARC/backlist title ratio though, because it’s getting close to that 40% limit… I’m not sure if I will be able to keep it below that in March, because I have a huge pile of ARCs pending.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count)3/3 DONE!! (The Painted Veil // The Big Sleep // A Wrinkle In Time)
- Complete at least 10 series (rereads don’t count) 4/10 (Anastasia Phoenix // The Conqueror’s Saga // Women Are Some Kind Of Magic // Fire And Thorns)
- Reread at least 2 books 1/2 (The BFG)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 450 books and keep it that way. 528/450
Read at least one book over 800 pages1/1 DONE!! (813 pages; Colombiano)
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 38,3%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 0/2
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations 3/15 (Mala Vida (France) // The Painted Veil (France) // When Dimple Met Rishi (India))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 3/10 (The Insect Farm // The Shattering // Be Frank With Me)
Join at least 5 challenges during the year5/5 DONE!!
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 93%
Happy March and Happy Reading!