April turned out to be a busy month and I’m actually surprised that I was able to read the amount I did. It was a month of ups and downs, especially with Delilah Bard being missing for no less than eleven days before she returned to me safely… I wasn’t really motivated to read or blog during the days she was gone and it shows. On the brighter side, I had a lot of fun with the O.W.L.s Readathon this year (the Twitter events were such a great bonus!). I hauled a huge stack of books, something that doesn’t happen too often and it also means I’m now in dire need of a new bookcase. xD We also celebrated my hubby’s birthday and visited friends out of town, so it wasn’t all bad. The weather is definitely getting worse though; I see lots of curling up under a blanket with a steaming cup of tea or coffee in the near future.
Now to the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in April: 19
- Total number of books read this year: 90
- Total number of pages read in April: 6.630
- Total number of pages read this year: 29.950
April turned out to be a pretty good month. I didn’t get a new 5 star read, and four books ended up having a very low rating, but overall I’m still happy with the books I was able to read.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
The Blue – by Lucy Clarke // The Dare – by Carol Wyer // How To Walk Away – by Katherine Center // Little Darlings – by Melanie Golding // The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society – by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows // The Book Woman Of Troublesome Creek – by Kim Michele Richardson // The Murder On The Links – by Agatha Christie // Romanov – by Nadine Brandes
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
1 STAR: Boy, this one gave me a hard time. Not a book to touch again.
Fun Home – by Alison Bechdel
I joined more challenges than initially planned in 2019, but I feel all have doable goals that shouldn’t take too much work to finish. Things are going way better than planned so far! I’ll need to keep an eye on the Reading Through The Centuries one though because it’s going to be tricky to get enough new years in otherwise. But it looks like the other challenges are well on track without even trying. Not bad at all. 😉
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge: 90/150
- 2019 Beat The Backlist Challenge: 27/80 books read published in 2018 or 2017 and 31/30 books read published 2016 or before. A total of 58/80 books.
- 2019 Beat The Backlist Epic BTB Bingo: 58/81 books read
- Reading Through The Centuries: 1/5
- 2019 Netgalley And Edelweiss Challenge: 33/50
- 2019 When Are You Reading?: 10/12
- Double Trouble ABC Challenge: TITLE 20/26 // AUTHOR 19/26
As for my other goals… Things are going better than expected, although I failed to get my ARC/backlist title ratio below the 40% limit. I’m hoping to get below the limit again in May, but I’m not sure if it will be doable with the ARCs I have pending… My TBR pile in general is pretty hopeless as well, but at least I’m well on track with my TBR jar picks, so that’s something. xD Also, I’m going to try and finish my Dutch read of the year in May.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count)3/3 DONE!! (The Painted Veil // The Big Sleep // A Wrinkle In Time)
- Complete at least 10 series (rereads don’t count) 4/10 (Anastasia Phoenix // The Conqueror’s Saga // Women Are Some Kind Of Magic // Fire And Thorns)
Reread at least 2 books2/2 DONE!! (The BFG // Harry Potter Y El Caliz De Fuego)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 450 books and keep it that way. 600/450
Read at least one book over 800 pages1/1 DONE!! (813 pages; Colombiano)
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 41,1%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 1/2 (Harry Potter Y El Cáliz De Fuego)
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations 7/15 (Mala Vida (France) // The Painted Veil (France) // When Dimple Met Rishi (India) // And Every Morning The Way Home Gets Longer And Longer (Sweden) // The Courier (Norway) // The Travelling Cat Chronicles (Japan) // The Murmur Of Bees (Mexico))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 4/10 (The Insect Farm // The Shattering // Be Frank With Me // Tell The Wolves I’m Home)
Join at least 5 challenges during the year5/5 DONE!!
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 95%
Happy May and Happy Reading!