June turned out to be a cold, but busy month and I’m surprised I was able to read the amount I did. I guess being cooped up inside because of the cold winter weather does help me read more! I posted two weeks ago I was going light for the season, but so far I’ve still be able to post almost daily… You might have seen me around less on social media though and I’ve been bloghopping less as well, but I promise I’ll still be around! Here’s a photo of frenemies Delilah Bard and Jasmine to make up for my absence. 😉 ❤
I also had to scratch that creative bug last month, and I made myself a paperback booksleeve and crocheted two pairs of fingerless gloves as my hands are starting to freeze when I read or blog otherwise. xD I especially love how the gloves came out!
Now to the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in June: 22
- Total number of books read this year: 135
- Total number of pages read in June: 6.960
- Total number of pages read this year: 44.144
June turned out to be a pretty good reading month. I didn’t get a new 5 star rating, but a whopping EIGHT books received an almost perfect rating. It’s going to be hard to pick just one favorite for the month! Sadly I did have another DNF and a few books received a lower rating, but overall I’m definitely happy with the books I was able to read.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
Six Stories – by Matt Wesolowski // The Marriage Betrayal – by Shalini Boland // Wolves At The Door – by Gunnar Staalesen // The Friend Who Lied – by Rachel Amphlett // My Lovely Wife – by Samantha Downing // The Secret Diary Of Hendrik Groen – by Hendrik Groen // Thirteen – by Steve Cavanagh // Us Against You – by Fredrik Backman
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
Two Boys Kissing – by David Levithan
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
The Problem With Forever – by Jennifer L. Armentrout
0 STARS (DNF): I didn’t even bother to finish this one. Either horrible or definitely not for me!
We Are Never Meeting In Real Life – by Samantha Irby
I have quite a few challenges going on in 2019, but I feel all have doable goals I’m managing to work on without trying too hard. Things are well on track so far in general, although I’ll need to keep an eye on the Reading Through The Centuries one because it’s going to be tricky to get enough new years in otherwise. But the other challenges are all close to completed and there are still six months of the year left… Not bad at all. 😉
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge: 135/150
- 2019 Beat The Backlist Challenge: 42/50 books read published in 2018 or 2017 and 45/30 books read published 2016 or before. A total of 87/80 books.
- 2019 Beat The Backlist Epic BTB Bingo: 77/81 books read
- Reading Through The Centuries: 1/5
- 2019 Netgalley And Edelweiss Challenge: 45/50
- 2019 When Are You Reading?: 11/12
- Double Trouble ABC Challenge: TITLE 24/26 // AUTHOR 23/26
As for my other goals… Things are going better than expected, and I finally managed to get my ARC/backlist ratio below 40% again! I’m also currently working on my second Spanish read (a reread of the fifth Harry Potter book), so I’ll have that goal completed by the end of July as well. And I finished my Dutch read of the year! My TBR pile in general is pretty hopeless though, but at least I’m well on track with my TBR jar picks and international authors, so that’s something. xD
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count)3/3 DONE!! (The Painted Veil // The Big Sleep // A Wrinkle In Time)
- Complete at least 10 series (rereads don’t count) 6/10 (Anastasia Phoenix // The Conqueror’s Saga // Women Are Some Kind Of Magic // Fire And Thorns // The Collector // Beartown)
Reread at least 2 books2/2 DONE!! (The BFG // Harry Potter Y El Caliz De Fuego)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 450 books and keep it that way. 598/450
Read at least one book over 800 pages1/1 DONE!! (813 pages; Colombiano)
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 39,3%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 1/2 (Harry Potter Y El Cáliz De Fuego)
Read at least 1 book in Dutch1/1 DONE!! (Alles Is Breekbaar)
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations 12/15 (Mala Vida (France) // The Painted Veil (France) // When Dimple Met Rishi (India) // And Every Morning The Way Home Gets Longer And Longer (Sweden) // The Courier (Norway) // The Travelling Cat Chronicles (Japan) // The Murmur Of Bees (Mexico) // Bright Burning Stars (France) // Trouble Makes A Comeback (Philippines) // Wolves At The Door (Norway) // The Secret Diary Of Hendrik Groen (The Netherlands) // Us Against You (Sweden))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 7/10 (The Insect Farm // The Shattering // Be Frank With Me // Tell The Wolves I’m Home // Sweetheart // The Dead Girls Of Hysteria Hall // The Problem With Forever)
Join at least 5 challenges during the year5/5 DONE!!
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 98%
Happy July and Happy Reading!