The first Monday of February already, and it is time to look back at the first month of 2020… Like I mentioned a few days ago, I’ve decided to take it easy with all things blogging this year both because I’ve been in a blogging slump for months now and I needed to start focusing on my health again. About two weeks ago, I changed my eating habit to mostly fruits and veggies (no alcohol and soda was easy as I hardly drink those anyway, no sweets including chocolate a tad more difficult; no flour products and less cheese considerably more complicated though xD). I’m also focusing on exercising 1-3 hours at least 5 times a week, which I hope will start giving results in the near future. 😉 And yes, this means no baking for the time being! And less reading too, as that exercising time has to come from somewhere haha. February will most definitely not as successful as January bookishly speaking…
Now to the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in January: 25
- Total number of books read in 2020: 25
- Total number of pages read in January: 8.190
- Total number of pages read in 2020: 8.190
I definitely read more than I thought I would during January, especially if you consider I read the majority of the titles during the first 20 days of the month. I also had FIVE!! new 5 star reads, something that I don’t think ever happened before in just one month, and to top that I had three further books with a nearly perfect rating too… I did also have a DNF and five titles with 3 stars or below, but overall I’m not complaining at all.
JANUARY 2020 READS
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
The Unhoneymooners – by Christina Lauren // Nothing To Lose – by Victoria Selman // Big Lies In A Small Town – by Diane Chamberlain // The Liar’s Daughter – by Claire Allan // Like This For Ever – by Sharon Bolton // Regretting You – by Colleen Hoover // My Sister, The Serial Killer – by Oyinkan Braithwaite
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
Keep You Close – by Karen Cleveland
0 STARS (DNF): I didn’t even bother to finish this one. Either horrible or definitely not for me!
Dark Mother Earth – by Kristian Novak
I’ve decided to only join a limited amount of 2020 to focus more on the joy of reading without obligations again… The challenges I did join I can mostly complete without trying too hard, as the progress of this first month is showing for sure. xD
# CHALLENGES #
As for my other goals… I can’t believe I have actually already finished my classics goal only a month into 2020! I’m definitely on fire when it comes to (modern) classics as I have two more lined up for February haha. I also managed to get that ARC/backlist ratio to 40%, although I hope to lower it even further in February. My Spanish and Dutch reads will have to wait (I’m looking forward to my Spanish reread of the final Harry Potter book though!), but I do plan on adding a few more international authors/translations to this list in February as well as my first reread of the year (Deep Blue Trouble by Steph Broadribb).
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count)DONE!! 3/3 (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang // A Study In Scarlet // The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button)
- Complete at least 10 series (rereads don’t count) 2/10 (Feverwake // Lacey Flint)
- Reread at least 2 books 0/2
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 600 books and keep it that way. 701/600
- Read at least one book over 800 pages 0/1 (highest page count 496 pages; The Unlikely Escape Of Uriah Heep)
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 40%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 0/2
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations 2/15 (Dark Mother Earth (Croatia DNF) // My Sister, The Serial Killer (Nigeria) //)
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 1/10 (Like This For Ever //)
- Join at least 5 challenges during the year 4/5
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 97%
Happy February and Happy Reading!