March, March, I really don’t know what to say about you… I don’t think I’ve had a birthday month this depressing before to be honest, and I think I’ll just skip pondering about it any longer and go straight to the bookish March instead.
The bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in March: 18
- Total number of books read in 2020: 59
- Total number of pages read in March: 6.421
- Total number of pages read in 2020: 19.797
I managed to read both more and less than expected in March. More, because I squeezed in two 600+ books and read a further 16 books, and less because I should have been able to read more with all that time spent cooped up inside… But I’ve been struggling to keep concentrated lately and my reading speed has suffered. I did have a fantastic month quality wise: two new 5 star reads and only three books below 4 stars! I’m definitely more than happy with that.
MARCH 2020 READS
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
Strangers – by C.L. Taylor // Mexico Street – by Simone Buchholz // Deep Dark Night – by Steph Broadribb // She Has A Broken Thing Where Her Heart Should Be – by J.D. Barker // Pippi Longstocking (REREAD) – by Astrid Lindgren // Harry Potter Y Las Reliquias De La Muerte (REREAD) – by J.K. Rowling // Find Her Alive – by Lisa Regan // Kilo – by Toby Muse
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
If I Stay – by Gayle Forman
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
I’ve decided to only join a limited amount of 2020 to focus more on the joy of reading without obligations again… The challenges I did join I can mostly complete without trying too hard, as the progress of these first three months are showing for sure. xD
# CHALLENGES #
As for my other goals… I managed to get my rereads done as well as my first Spanish read of the year. I wasn’t able to maintain my ARC/backlist ratio below 40% though, but I was already expecting that as I had a ton of ARCs to read… I did manage to cross off my challenge goal by joining the O.W.L.s Magical Readathon again in April.
Relating to my weight goal: with the stress around COVID-19 and me being unable to go outside to exercise both because I’m high risk in the first place (thank you damn Hashimoto’s!) and it’s basically forbidden to go outside down here unless for shopping for essentials, I’ve decided to forget about my diet for now and start fresh when the world has beaten the virus. My mental health is suffering enough as it is without the added stress of having to lose weight without proper cardio and not being able to find the fresh ingredients for healthy food meals only…
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count)DONE!! 3/3 (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang // A Study In Scarlet // The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button)
- Complete at least 10 series (rereads don’t count) 2/10 (Feverwake // Lacey Flint)
Reread at least 2 books2/2 (Deep Blue Trouble // Pippi Longstocking)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 600 books and keep it that way. 721/600
- Read at least one book over 800 pages 0/1 (highest page count 774 pages; She Has A Broken Thing Where Her Heart Should Be)
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 42,4%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 1/2 (Harry Potter Y Las Reliquias De La Muerte)
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations 6/15 (Dark Mother Earth (Croatia DNF) // My Sister, The Serial Killer (Nigeria) // Perfume (Germany) // Death Deserved (Norway) // Blue Night (Germany) // Pippi Longstocking (Sweden))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 3/10 (Like This For Ever // What We Saw // The Storied Life Of A.J. Fikry)
Join at least 5 challenges during the yearDONE!! 5/5
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 98%
- Get healthy again; lose at least 50 pounds by end of 2020 (of 85-95 pounds in total) 16/50
Happy April and Happy Reading!