I had a lot of fun with the previous Beat The Backlist challenges, so of course I signed up again. This challenge is hosted by Novelknight and in 2021 will be all about reading for the third year in a row. No extra complications or extra points for reviews, just getting those backlist titles read and earning brownie points for that. This challenge is all about reading all those poor neglected books on your shelves instead of just new releases. We all love our new releases, but those older books deserve our attention too right? 😉 Books have to be published before 2021 to count, and you can set your own goals as you see fit.
I’ve decided to set my goal at a total of 80 books published before 2021, with at least 30 of them published 2018 or before.
On to the official update post part… Where I will share the books I’ve read that fit the challenge. Books are either orange for books published in 2020 or 2019 or green for books published before that.
>>> Last updated January 22nd 2021 <<<
BOOKS READ IN 2021:
# JANUARY #
- The Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (published in 2001)
- The Honey-Don’t List by Christina Lauren (published in 2020)
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman (published in 2016)
- In Five Years by Rebecca Serle (published in 2020)
- Snowblind by Ragnar Jonasson (published in 2010)
- How To Stop Time by Matt Haig (published in 2017)
- Every Tool’s A Hammer by Adam Savage (published in 2019)
- Fractured by Karin Slaughter (published in 2008)
- Deity by Matt Wesolowski (published in 2020)
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber (published in 2017)
- Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane (published in 2003)
- The Love Song Of Miss Queenie Hennessy by Rachel Joyce (published in 2014)
Total for this month: 4 books read published in 2020 or 2019 and 8 books read published 2018 or before.
FINAL NUMBERS: 4/50 books read published in 2020 or 2019 and 8/30 books read published 2018 or before. A total of 12/80 books.