I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that the first month of 2021 is now officially over. Where did the time go?! January was the month of an ongoing heatwave, meaning spending a lot of time hiding inside from the sun and heat… And guess what I did? Read a LOT of course! As you might have noticed, I also gave It’s All About Books a total makeover in January; long overdue, but better late than never right? xD We did manage to go on a day trip to a nearby city (with relaxing views of the Paraná river), but with the COVID restrictions I guess it will be another year of no proper vacation for us. Oh well…
Next: the bookish numbers.
- Number of books read in January: 28
- Total number of books read in 2021: 28
- Total number of pages read in January: 9.600
- Total number of pages read in 2021: 9.600
My reading mojo is here to stay apparently, as I once again managed to read a LOT during January. I even got a new 5 star read (and a reread of an all time favorite), and I managed to enjoy most of the books I read too. True, I did get two DNF and 6 books were 3 stars or below, but overall I can’t complain.
JANUARY 2021 READS
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
The Honey-Don’t List – by Christina Lauren // Radio Silence – by Alice Oseman // Ask No Questions – by Claire Allan // In Five Years – by Rebecca Serle // How To Stop Time – by Matt Haig // Fractured – by Karin Slaughter // The Mysterious Disappearance Of Aidan S. – by David Levithan // Shutter Island – by Dennis Lehane // Lost Souls – by Chris Merritt // Nightblind – by Ragnar Jonasson // No Second Chance – by Harlan Coben // Prosecco And Promises – by A.L. Michael
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
An Eye For An Eye – by Carol Wyer
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
Every Tool’s A Hammer – by Adam Savage
0 STARS (DNF): I didn’t even bother to finish this one. Either horrible or definitely not for me!
I ended up joining more challenges than planned this year, but I’m hoping to finish most without too much effort… So far things are definitely going way better than expected!
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2021 Reading Challenge: 28/150
- 2021 Beat The Backlist Challenge: 6/50 books read published in 2020 or 2019 and 14/30 books read published 2018 or before. A total of 20/80 books.
- 2021 Beat The Backlist Bingo Challenge: 19/52
- Reading Through The Centuries: 1/5
- 2021 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 7/25
- What’s In A Name? 2021: 1/6
- When Are You Reading? Challenge: 5/12
As for my other goals… I managed to keep my ARC/backlist ratio below 40%, and I hope to keep it this way in the rest of 2021. I also got quite a few international authors in already, as well as my first classic, reread and completed series… My 600+ pages book I will get to soon as I have an ARC due in March that fits the bill; I’m planning on starting The Stand by Stephen King too though and with 1300+ pages that should be more than enough for this year and the next combined. 😉
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count) 1/3 (The Big Four)
- Complete at least 6 series (rereads don’t count) 1/6 (Harold Fry)
- Catch up with Karin Slaughter series (Will Trent/Grant County) 1/15
- Reread at least 2 books 1/2 (The Shadow Of The Wind)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 650 books and keep it that way. 702/650
- Read at least one book over 600 pages 0/1
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 35,7%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 0/2
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations 5/15 (The Shadow Of The Wind (Spain // Snowblind (Iceland) // Nightblind (Iceland) // Crazy Rich Asians (Singapore) // Smoke Screen (Norway))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 2/10 (Radio Silence // Shutter Island)
Join at least 5 challenges during the yearDONE!! 5/5
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 97%
Stay safe and happy reading!