I still can’t believe we are already into the third month of 2021. Where did the time go?! February wasn’t all that eventful; we did manage to go on a weekend trip, but the rest of the month was mostly about enduring the heat as well as the lovely sound of the builders working next door. xD I did get to make another amigurumi crochet plushie again as a gift for a friend’s baby girl… I love how this bunny came out! ❤
Next: the bookish numbers.
- Number of books read in February: 24
- Total number of books read in 2021: 52
- Total number of pages read in February: 8.330
- Total number of pages read in 2021: 17.930
I once again managed to read a LOT during February… No new DNF and I found some new all time favorites, so I’m not complaining!
FEBRUARY 2021 READS
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
Ladies Of The House – by Lauren Edmondson // Hotel Cartagena – by Simone Buchholz // Gardening Hacks – by Jon VanZile // Viper – by Bex Hogan // The Lost Apothecary – by Sarah Penner // The Enemy – by Sarah Adams // Blindsighted – by Karin Slaughter // Inborn – by Thomas Enger // The Jigsaw Man – by Nadine Matheson
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
Martinis And Memories – by A.L. Michael // Hidden Figures – by Margot Lee Shetterly // Twice In A Blue Moon – by Christina Lauren // The Island – by Ragnar Jonasson // These Violent Delights – by Chloe Gong // Venom – by Bex Hogan
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
The Friend Zone – by Abby Jimenez
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
All The Murmuring Bones – by A.G. Platter
I ended up joining more challenges than planned this year, but I’m hoping to finish most without too much effort… So far things are definitely going way better than expected, and I definitely need to start thinking about increasing my goals for some. xD
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2021 Reading Challenge: 52/150
- 2021 Beat The Backlist Challenge: 17/50 books read published in 2020 or 2019 and 20/30 books read published 2018 or before. A total of 37/80 books.
- 2021 Beat The Backlist Bingo Challenge: 29/52
- Reading Through The Centuries: 1/5
- 2021 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 15/25
- What’s In A Name? 2021: 3/6
- When Are You Reading? Challenge: 8/12
As for my other goals: I managed to keep my ARC/backlist ratio below 40%, although it did get closer to the limit… I also got more international authors in as well two more completed series, two TBR jar picks, a Spanish read and a Grant County book. My 600+ pages book I will get to soon as I have an ARC due in March that fits the bill; I’m also starting The Stand by Stephen King though and with 1300+ pages that should be more than enough for this year and the next combined. 😉
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count) 1/3 (The Big Four)
- Complete at least 6 series (rereads don’t count) 3/6 (Harold Fry // Martini Club // It Happened In Charleston)
- Catch up with Karin Slaughter series (Will Trent/Grant County) 2/15
- Reread at least 2 books 1/2 (The Shadow Of The Wind)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 650 books and keep it that way. 735/650
- Read at least one book over 600 pages 0/1
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 38,5%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 1/2 (Los Plebeyos)
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations (each author counts only once) 8/15 (The Shadow Of The Wind (Spain // Snowblind (Iceland) // Crazy Rich Asians (Singapore) // Smoke Screen (Norway) // Hotel Cartagena (Germany) // Los Plebeyos (Argentina) // These Violent Delights (China) // Inborn (Norway))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 4/10 (Radio Silence // Shutter Island // Hidden Figures // Inborn)
Join at least 5 challenges during the yearDONE!! 5/5
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 97%
Stay safe and happy reading!