Somehow we have already started the fifth month of 2021, and I’m wondering where the time goes… I’ve been struggling with my reading and blogging lately, so I’ve been focusing on different activities to keep me entertained. I’ve taken up painting again and painted these plant pots as well as this wooden ‘mate’ set; I LOVE how these came out! I’ve also been working on some mosaic tiles, a cement leaf birdbath as well as a crochet project, and it’s been fun doing something different.
Next: the bookish numbers.
- Number of books read in April: 20
- Total number of books read in 2021: 88
- Total number of pages read in April: 6.880
- Total number of pages read in 2021: 30.481
I managed to read a lot during April considering I’ve been feeling a bit slumpy during at least half of the month… And I managed to enjoy most of my books too and none were below 3 stars, which is always a bonus.
APRIL 2021 READS
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
One Of Us Is Next – by Karen M. McManus // Hush Little Girl – by Lisa Regan // Just Get Home – by Bridget Foley // Bridge Of Souls – by Victoria Schwab // Silent Scream – by Angela Marsons // Deadly Obsession – by OMJ Ryan // How Sweet It Is – by Dylan Newton
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
The Bone Shard Daughter – by Andrea Stewart // The Runaway Bride – by Mary Jayne Baker // Facets Of Death – by Michael Stanley // The Off Limits Rule – by Sarah Adams // Flesh And Blood – by Caroline Mitchell // Her Last Holiday – by C.L. Taylor // The Final Chapter – by Jerome Loubry // Kisscut – by Karin Slaughter
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
I ended up joining more challenges than planned this year, but I’m hoping to finish most without too much effort… I managed to finish the first two challenges of the year already! I decided to increase my Netgalley goal to 50 though to keep things interesting…
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2021 Reading Challenge: 88/150
- 2021 Beat The Backlist Challenge: 27/50 books read published in 2020 or 2019 and 30/30 books read published 2018 or before. A total of 57/80 books.
- 2021 Beat The Backlist Bingo Challenge: 41/52
- Reading Through The Centuries: 2/5
2021 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge:25/25 DONE!!!
- 2021 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge UPDATED: 32/50
What’s In A Name? 2021:6/6 DONE!!!
- When Are You Reading? Challenge: 9/12
As for my other goals: as I already feared, I wasn’t able to keep my ARC ratio below 40% in April as I had a huge pile of ARCs due, but I hope to work on that in May. I also hope to read my final classic and work on my Karin Slaughter books as well as TBR jar picks in May.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count) 2/3 (The Big Four // The Mystery Of The Blue Train)
- Complete at least 6 series (rereads don’t count) 3/6 (Harold Fry // Martini Club // It Happened In Charleston)
- Catch up with Karin Slaughter series (Will Trent/Grant County) 3/15
Reread at least 2 books2/2 DONE!! (The Shadow Of The Wind // The One)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 650 books and keep it that way. 759/650
Read at least one book over 600 pagesDONE!! 1/1 (The Rose Code; 645 pages)
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 44,3%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 1/2 (Los Plebeyos)
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations (each author counts only once) 10/15 (The Shadow Of The Wind (Spain // Snowblind (Iceland) // Crazy Rich Asians (Singapore) // Smoke Screen (Norway) // Hotel Cartagena (Germany) // Los Plebeyos (Argentina) // These Violent Delights (China) // Inborn (Norway) // Facets Of Death (South Africa) // The Final Chapter (France))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 4/10 (Radio Silence // Shutter Island // Hidden Figures // Inborn)
Join at least 5 challenges during the yearDONE!! 5/5
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 97%
Stay safe and happy reading!