Right, May… Nothing much exciting happened last month to be honest. The weather is getting colder and it seems like the season has skipped right ahead to winter especially during the last week or two. I’ve been spending more time inside doing various DIY decoration projects (I somehow completely forgot to take photos of the finished projects, so below is just a couple of my WIP), I did some baking and we’re slowly prepping a huge flowerbed for when spring arrives in September… We also have this little guy visiting us almost every time we go to our countryside plot! He belongs to a neighbor, but he is superfriendly and he’s always looking for company and attention.
Next: the bookish numbers.
- Number of books read in May: 22
- Total number of books read in 2022: 94
- Total number of pages read in May: 7.611
- Total number of pages read in 2022: 32.952
It seems like my reading is finally back to normal (or at least close enough). Most books I read during May ended up being great, with TWO new 5 star reads and only five books with a 3 star rating or below. Not bad at all!
MAY 2022 READS
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
The Final Hunt – by Audrey J. Cole // Never Coming Home – by Hannah Mary McKinnon // The Little Captain – by Paul Biegel // Scarred – by Thomas Enger // On A Quiet Street – by Seraphina Nova Glass // Evvie Drake Starts Over – by Linda Holmes // The Book Of Cold Cases – by Simone St. James // My Sister’s Grave – by Robert Dugoni
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
What You Wish For – by Katherine Center
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
Broken – by Karin Slaughter
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
I decided to cut back on the challenges and only join a limited amount this year. So far things are going well with both the Goodreads challenge and the two Beat The Backlist challenges, so I’m definitely not complaining! I need to start thinking about my remaining four books for the Reading Through The Centuries challenge though. Also, you can see I finally gave in and joined the Netgalley & Edelweiss challenge again this year; I figured that since I ended up with a ton of ARCs in the first place, I might as well join. xD
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2022 Reading Challenge: 94/150
- 2022 Beat The Backlist Challenge: 20/50 books read published in 2021 or 2020 and 39/30 books read published 2019 or before. A total of 59/80 books.
- 2022 Beat The Backlist Bingo Challenge: 37/49
- Reading Through The Centuries: 1/5
- 2022 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 34/50
As for my other goals: I managed to finish my classics goal and my ARC ratio is still fantastic considering I requested a ton of ARCs recently. I’ve decided to remove the Will Trent goal though; I won’t be finishing this series, because I refuse to have to deal with Lena AGAIN in two of the future books and I’m taking a slower pace with the books I do still want to read.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count)3/3 (Peril At End House // Death On The Nile // The Murder At The Vicarage)
- Complete at least 6 series (rereads don’t count) 3/6 (Grant County // Holger Munch & Mia Kruger // The Law Of Moses)
- Reread at least 2 books 1/2 (Harry Potter En De Gevangene Van Azkaban)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 550 books and keep it that way. 680/550
- Read at least one book over 600 pages 0/1 (560 pages; Skin Privilege)
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 36.2%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 1/2 (Marina)
Read at least 1 book in Dutch1/1 DONE!!! (Harry Potter En De Gevangene Van Azkaban)
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations 10/15 (Marina (Spain) // One Of Us (Norway) // The Love Hypothesis (Italy) // Pierced (Norway) // I’m Traveling Alone (Norway) // One Summer In Italy (Germany) // Marion Lane And The Deadly Rose (South Africa) // The Rabbit Factor (Finland) // J.R.R. Tolkien (Spain) // The Little Captain (The Netherlands))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 3/10 (Grown // The Forevers // 56 Days)
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 96%
Have a wonderful June and happy reading!