Right, June. Nothing much exciting happened last month to be honest. The winter has truly arrived and I’ve been spending most of the time cooped up inside either reading, doing some DIY projects or baking… Including these cinnamon rolls I had never tried making before, and they came out so much better than I thought they would. (Neurotic Mom‘s recipe sure is fantastic!)
Next: the bookish numbers.
- Number of books read in June: 27
- Total number of books read in 2022: 121
- Total number of pages read in June: 8.577
- Total number of pages read in 2022: 41.529
Wow, it’s certainly been a while since I last hit these kind of numbers! True, a couple of these were novellas and I did have two DNF, but overall I’m definitely not complaining. Especially since I found some excellent reads as well!
JUNE 2022 READS
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
Fatal Witness – by Robert Bryndza // Upgrade – by Blake Crouch // Falling – by T.J. Newman // The Only Exception – by Claire Huston // Finlay Donovan Is Killing It – by Elle Cosimano // The Night Shift – by Alex Finlay
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
Master Class – by Christina Dalcher // The Academy – by Robert Dugoni // The Island Home – by Libby Page // The Cabin In The Woods – by Sarah Alderson // Only When It’s Us – by Chloe Liese // The Rift – by Rachel Lynch // Truly, Madly, Amy – by Kerry Wilkinson // Her Final Breath – by Robert Dugoni
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
Stuck With Him – by Danielle Owen-Jones
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
0 STARS (DNF): I didn’t even bother to finish this one. Either horrible or definitely not for me!
I decided to cut back on the challenges and only join a limited amount this year. So far things are going well with both the Goodreads challenge and the two Beat The Backlist challenges, so I’m definitely not complaining! I need to start thinking about my remaining three books for the Reading Through The Centuries challenge though. I’m also almost done with the Netgalley & Edelweiss challenge; I will probably end up increasing this goal because I still have a huge pile of ARCs I need to get to before the end of this yeear.
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2022 Reading Challenge: 121/150
- 2022 Beat The Backlist Challenge: 28/50 books read published in 2021 or 2020 and 45/30 books read published 2019 or before. A total of 73/80 books.
- 2022 Beat The Backlist Bingo Challenge: 39/49
- Reading Through The Centuries: 2/5
- 2022 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 45/50
As for my other goals: I managed to finish my classics goal and my ARC ratio is still pretty good considering I requested a ton of ARCs recently. I do need to start thinking about my 600+ pages book as well as my TBR jar picks…
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count)3/3 (Peril At End House // Death On The Nile // The Murder At The Vicarage)
- Complete at least 6 series (rereads don’t count) 3/6 (Grant County // Holger Munch & Mia Kruger // The Law Of Moses)
- Reread at least 2 books 1/2 (Harry Potter En De Gevangene Van Azkaban)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 550 books and keep it that way. 702/550
- Read at least one book over 600 pages 0/1 (560 pages; Skin Privilege)
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 38%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 1/2 (Marina)
Read at least 1 book in Dutch1/1 DONE!!! (Harry Potter En De Gevangene Van Azkaban)
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations 10/15 (Marina (Spain) // One Of Us (Norway) // The Love Hypothesis (Italy) // Pierced (Norway) // I’m Traveling Alone (Norway) // One Summer In Italy (Germany) // Marion Lane And The Deadly Rose (South Africa) // The Rabbit Factor (Finland) // J.R.R. Tolkien (Spain) // The Little Captain (The Netherlands))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 4/10 (Grown // The Forevers // 56 Days // Master Class)
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 95%
Have a wonderful July and happy reading!