I can’t believe it’s August already! July was pretty uneventful… The weather has been pretty great considering it’s winter right now and we’ve been able to get quite some work done at our countryside plot. We planted a bunch of trees and got some of the plant borders done; a lot is still work in progress, but things will definitely look a lot better this summer (especially once we get the final major batch of plants in Sept-Oct). Delilah Bard has been soaking up the sun as well (along with the not pictured Jasmine and Paco); I do wish we would get more rain though, because we’ve hardly had any since the beginning of the year. I also did some baking and I finished a couple of DIY projects including the little daffodil cement stones to mark where the bulbs are at in the garden during summer. 😉
Next: the bookish numbers.
- Number of books read in July: 24
- Total number of books read in 2022: 145
- Total number of pages read in July: 8.245
- Total number of pages read in 2022: 49.774
Looks like June’s numbers weren’t a fluke after all! I once again managed to read a LOT and while not all of them were a success, as a whole I’m more than happy with my reading choices.
JULY 2022 READS
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
Daisy Darker – by Alice Feeney
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
Nine Lives – by Peter Swanson // Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead – by Elle Cosimano // Book Lovers – by Emily Henry // Local Girl Missing – by Lisa Regan // I Remember You – by Brian Freeman // The Codebreaker’s Secret – by Sara Ackerman // Stay Awake – by Megan Goldin
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
The Line – by Rachel Lynch // Killed – by Thomas Enger // Tick Tock – by Simon Mayo // The Wild Girls – by Phoebe Morgan // The Man Who Died Twice – by Richard Osman // The Trapped Girl – by Robert Dugoni // Summer Kisses At Mermaids Point – by Sarah Bennett
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
I decided to cut back on the challenges and only join a limited amount this year. I’m almost done with the Goodreads challenge and I also managed to complete the 80 books for the Beat The Backlist challenge! I need to start thinking about my remaining three books for the Reading Through The Centuries challenge though. I’ve updated the Netgalley & Edelweiss challenge; I don’t think it will be an issue completing it again because I have more ARCs than that still due before the end of 2022. xD
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2022 Reading Challenge: 145/150
2022 Beat The Backlist Challenge:82/80 DONE!! 32/50 books read published in 2021 or 2020 and 50/30 books read published 2019 or before.
- 2022 Beat The Backlist Bingo Challenge: 39/49
- Reading Through The Centuries: 2/5
2022 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge:50/50 DONE!!
- 2022 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge UPDATED: 58/75
As for my other goals: I’m getting closer to finishing my series goal, and my Netgalley ratio is still looking fantastic. What isn’t looking good is my ARC/backlist ratio though, because this is the first time this year that it’s gone above the 40% mark. I also have to start working on my TBR jar picks and I still haven’t decided on my 600+ pages book, Spanish book or reread.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count)3/3 (Peril At End House // Death On The Nile // The Murder At The Vicarage)
- Complete at least 6 series (rereads don’t count) 4/6 (Grant County // Holger Munch & Mia Kruger // The Law Of Moses // Henning Juul)
- Reread at least 2 books 1/2 (Harry Potter En De Gevangene Van Azkaban)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 550 books and keep it that way. 702/550
- Read at least one book over 600 pages 0/1 (560 pages; Skin Privilege)
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 40.4%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 1/2 (Marina)
Read at least 1 book in Dutch1/1 DONE!!! (Harry Potter En De Gevangene Van Azkaban)
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations 10/15 (Marina (Spain) // One Of Us (Norway) // The Love Hypothesis (Italy) // Pierced (Norway) // I’m Traveling Alone (Norway) // One Summer In Italy (Germany) // Marion Lane And The Deadly Rose (South Africa) // The Rabbit Factor (Finland) // J.R.R. Tolkien (Spain) // The Little Captain (The Netherlands))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 4/10 (Grown // The Forevers // 56 Days // Master Class)
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 96%
Have a wonderful August and happy reading!