The Broke And The Bookish presents us every week a new top ten with a different theme. And this week it’s all about book and blogging confessions…
1. Unfortunately I do not own as many books as I would have wanted to… I used to have loads before traveling, but I had to leave those behind. The new books I’ve bought since living in Argentina now form only a sad little pile compared to the bookcases I was able to fill in the past… Plus reading in English and living in a Spanish speaking country doesn’t help either when you want to buy new books.
2. Although I’ve had different blogs before (a travel blog and one with my poems and general ‘ponderings’), this is the first time I have a book blog… I love to read and being able to talk and write about books was just what I needed.
3. I’m an adding addict and already have way too many books on my TBR list… I know it’s impossible to read them all, but I just cannot help it and add more and more to my Goodreads account anyway.
4. When blogging, I try to respond to every comment as soon as possible and I also try to be active in community… If I don’t respond it’s not because I don’t want to; it’s most likely I didn’t see it. Me being chaotic and all…
5. In general I spend more time reading other blogs on my Blog Feed than finishing stuff on my own blog or reading. Procrastination is my middle name.
6. I’m a perfectionist and normally it takes me ages to finish a post.
7. Most people in real life don’t know about this blog, and I like to keep it that way. It’s like my little secret…
8. I normally don’t schedule posts, and if I do it’s only for one or two days ahead. I like writing posts in the moment, and the procrastination factor also plays a big role.
9. I’m trying to broaden my literary horizon this year, and read books of genres I normally won’t choose straight away. And I think that until now it’s working; I’ve discovered a lot of great books I wouldn’t have found otherwise.
10. When I first started this blog, I never imagined that It’s All About Books would grow into what it is today… And I’m grateful for those who take the time to visit this blog! 😀