A huuuuuge thank you to the three awesome bloggers Ashley @ Dear World…, Kenzie @ Bookish Things And Tea and Maren @ The Worn Bookmark for nominating me for this award! ❤ I just LOVE their blogs; make sure to check them out! 😀
This award was originally created by Eve over at Edge of the Night.
Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
So here’s the story of how I started blogging! I actually started out with a different blog a few years ago called Ponderings On Life where I posted poems, part of a story I was writing at that time and general thoughts on life. (I was actually a bit depressed back then and used my blog as self-therapy…) I haven’t updated that blog in years though… I guess it’s harder for me to write poems when I’m happy. 😀
I started book blogging back in November 2012, although I didn’t directly start with WordPress. Back then I made a simple blog that was mostly a way of keeping track of the books I was reading and I wrote short reviews to help me remember what I thought of them. I found out I really enjoyed book blogging and decided to set up my WordPress account a few months later. It’s All About Books was born! The first few months were a bit slow as I was still finding my place in the book blogging community. But slowly I found a way to improve my blog and I started getting more involved. Since that day I’ve met so many amazing fellow book bloggers and blogs and I’m so glad to be a part of all this! I’ve read tons of books, written hundreds of posts and commented even more. And more is still to come! As long as I have a pile of books and an internet connection, I will keep blogging in the future. 😀
I don’t see myself as a ‘professional’ blogger, but I guess these tips might help new bloggers:
- The most important think about book blogging is to have fun! Try to not stress out over deadlines or books you haven’t read or reviews that you still haven’t finished. Stress is what makes you end up in a blogging slump, or even worse: a reading slump. Just writing reviews might tire you, so it might be an idea to find a book meme or book tag to participate in. Or a discussion even! Other book bloggers will love talking about books as much as you do. 😀
- One thing I found out the hard way is that the best way to really feel at home in the book blogging community and start getting more followers is to comment. Start interacting with fellow bloggers; tell them what you think about a certain book or that you what to read certain title as well. Everybody loves comments! I always try to reply back myself; it’s a great way of sharing your love for books and find more people who love the same books as you do!
I nominate the following people: EVERYONE! I think any blogger that loves books as much as I do every much deserves this award.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! ❤
During the last few days I have been nominated for the Creative Blogger Award by no less than four awesome bloggers! Thank you Ashley @ Dear World…, Alina @ Radiant Reads, Maren @ The Worn Bookmark and Alyssa @ Under Review!
I always love visiting their blogs, so if you haven’t checked them out so far, you should! 😀
Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important)
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
- Pass these rules on to them
Ok, I found it almost impossibly hard to come up with completely new facts since most other blog awards also ask for facts… But I think that in the end I came up with five that are at least partly newish.
1. My favorite color is blue and I even used it to decorate our home! I also love using black and white, and it shows. 😀 I couldn’t find many good pics, but here are two of the entry and kitchen… And yes, even my cats eat their food out of a blue bowl. 😀
2. I’ve always loved cooking and baking, and I spend a lot of time trying out new recipes. I’ve mentioned my favorite brownie recipe before, and recently I’ve managed to make my own alfajores! An alfajor is a Latin American sweet which is basically two cookies with caramel (dulce de leche) in the middle and covered in chocolate (and in this case sprinkled with coconut). So delicious!
3. I’ve only ‘discovered’ kayaking after I started dating my hubby, but I absolutely fell in love with this sport. Kayaking is so relaxing and I love being in the water. There is a river crossing the town where I live, so plenty of water to go rowing. We always try to use the kayaks every time the weather is good enough, even during winter when it’s not too cold! 😀
4. I’m not sure if I have mentioned it before, but I have a tattoo on my left shoulder. I got it a little over three years ago; It’s an 88 butterfly with the words carpe diem under it. The butterfly actually exists! I was born in 1988 and both the butterfly and the latin text represent my love for traveling and that life is too short to forget enjoying the present…
5. Most people already know I’m what you call a crazy cat lady, but I couldn’t help myself and show off my newest addition anyway. Meet Tommy! Completely different from his mother both in appearance and character… Although I’m not sure that last one is a good thing haha. He’s a little devil in disguise this one.
And this is were I’ve become lazy and won’t continue this post with my nominations… This award has been everywhere during the last week and I don’t think there are many left that haven’t been nominated. And since all book blogs spreading book love are awesome, consider yourself nominated! 😀 ❤
On to the Rules:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 5-15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven facts about myself:
1. I use both this blog and reading English books as a way to keep up with my English, especially now I live in a Spanish speaking country… English is not my mother tongue. 😉
2. I’m not the typical girly girl, and I have to confess I dislike anything romance. Especially movies, I just can’t stand them… I do enjoying reading some books in the romance genre, but they are mostly exceptions. I tend to tolerate them as long as they aren’t too overly cheesy.
3. I love animals in general, but I am what you can call a crazy cat lady. 😀 My cat Jazmin gave birth to three kittens last month and they are totally adorable! ❤
4. I don’t cry in general when I read books. No, my heart is not made of stone, but I guess I just process the things I read in a different way… I don’t cry a lot in general either. 😉
5. I’m a late coffee bloomer, and only started to drink coffee about two years ago. Although I have to mix it with a lot of sugar and/or milk to be able to enjoy it, I especially came to love cappuccino… Like the steaming mug of cappuccino that is in front of me right now.
6. My mind is what you can call quite chaotic, and I tend to forget things or misplace objects… It explains the abundancy of lists at It’s All About Books; it helps me keep more organized. 😉
7. I love anything crafty, and I’m always trying to invent and make new things to decorate my home… The latest thing I made were string lamp shades pictured to the right. 😀
Boy, there are so many great book blogs out there! It was incredibly hard to narrow it down to just 15 awesome blogs and bloggers… My nominations are listed below, although I would have liked to nominate every book blogger out there, you are all awesome! 😀
(For those I’ve nominated, please don’t feel obligated to participate if you don’t want to…)
Last week I was nominated for my second Liebster Award by the very awesome aesaza (once again: thanks a million, I truly appreciate it!
So in this post I have brought together all those super awesome and lovely bloggers that took the time to nominate me… Thanks again to all of you!! You guys rock my socks off! 😀
For nominating me for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
- (June 23th 2014): Anna @ Anna’s Reading List, Rachael @ The End Of The Chapter and Erin @ Raised Reading
- (June 29th 2014): Anna @ Friendlybookworm
For nominating me for the Liebster Award
- (July 17th 2014): Elli @ Wortmagieblog
- (August 23rd 2014): Mina @ Aesaza
- (September 9th 2014): Phoebe @ Thoughts On Books
- (October 12th 2014): Ophelle @ Bookburnn
- (October 27th 2014): Alina @ Radiant Reads
- (February 12th 2015): Amy @ Book Enthral
- (April 1st 2015): Erika @ Erika The Bibliophile
- (April 8th 2015): Sheen Hyuuga
- (April 18th 2015): Mimi @ From Cover To Cover
- (June 2nd 2015): Teafunny
- (August 19th 2015): Sara @ Sara Letourneau’s Official Website & Blog
- (July 21st 2016): Meg @ Just A Bit Bookish Blog
For nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award
- (September 4th/5th 2014): Romance Novels For The Beach and Anna @ Friendlybookworm
- (September 18th 2014): These Paper Words and A Reading Writer
- (September 27th 2014): Book Olympus
- (October 24th 2014): Maren @ The Worn Bookmark
- (September 20th 2015): Jess @ JBelkBooks
For nominating me for the Sisterhood Of The Word Blog Award
- (October 3rd 2014): Michelle @ The Writing Hufflepuff
- (December 11th 2014): Sam @ Taking On A World Of Words
- (May 4th 2015): Ashley @ Dear World…
- (June 8th 2015): Alicia @ Caffeine And Books
- (July 21st 2015): Audrey @ Forwards And Bookwords
- (August 17th 2015): Ryna @ Echoing Books
- (December 30th 2015): Brigitte @ The Book & The Bone
For nominating me for the Addictive Blog Award
- (November 16th 2014): Tash @ The Bookie Monsters
For nominating me for the Jolly Blogger Award
- (December 24th 2014): Maren @ The Worn Bookmark
For nominating me for the “Sibterhood” Of The World Blog Award
- (January 12th 2015): Reckless Indulgence
For nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award
- (January 30th 2015): Sheetal @ Dreaming Wordz
- (February 5th 2015): Alina @ Radiant Reads
- (February 5th 2015): Maren @ The Worn Bookmark
- (February 10th 2015): Reckless Indulgence
- (March 15th 2015): More Books Please
- (March 13th 2016): Inês @ MsCarrowl
For nominating me for the Creative Blogger Award
- (April 6th 2015): Ashley @ Dear World…
- (April 9th 2015): Alina @ Radiant Reads
- (April 9th 2015): Maren @ The Worn Bookmark
- (April 10th 2015): Alyssa @ Under Review
- (May 7th 2015): More Books Please
For nominating me for The Beautiful Blogger Award
- (May 2nd 2015): Analee @ Book Snacks
- (June 6th 2015): Ajoobacats Blog
- (April 1st 2016): Nicole @Sorry, I’m Booked
For nominating me for The Blogger Recognition Award
- (July 4th 2015): Ashley @ Dear World…
- (July 6th 2015): Kenzie @ Bookish Things And Tea
- (July 8th 2015): Maren @ The Worn Bookmark
- (July 17th 2015): Ana @ Ana’s Lair
- (July 20th 2015): Safa @ Books Over People
- (July 21st 2015): Sam @ Taking On A World Of Words
- (August 25th 2015): Rebecca @ Love A Literary Life
- (August 30th 2015): Teresa @ Just Little Musings
- (October 25th 2015): Emma @ The Book Brief
For nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- (July 30th 2015): Tash @ The Bookie Monsters
- (August 6th 2015): Maren @ The Worn Bookmark
- (January 21st 2015): Sam @ Taking On A World Of Words
For nominating me for The Keep It Fresh Award
- (September 6th 2015): Sarah & Faith @ Sublime Reads
For nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award
For nominating me for the Siblinghood Of The Word Blog Award
- (October 13th 2015): Thistles & Whistles
For nominating me for the Dragon Loyalty Award
- (November 16th 2015): Nicole @ Nikolie Olie Oh
For nominating me for the Book Fangirling Blog Award
- (March 2nd 2016): Rachel @ Life Of A Female Biblophile
For nominating me for The Entertainer Blogger Award
Last week I was more than pleasantly surprised when I found out I was nominated for the Liebster Award by wonderful Elli at Wortmagieblog! Thank you again for nominating me and forgive me for my late reply; it took me some time translating everything to English….
- Write a post featuring this award, add the award logo and make sure you don’t forget to thank the person who gave you the award. 🙂
- Answer the 10 questions.
- Make up your own 10 questions for others to answer.
- Tag and nominate 10 amazing bloggers that have under 200 followers. (Or under 1000 followers if you prefer.)
- Let those bloggers know that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
My answers to Elli’s questions:
1. What was your first concert?
To be honest I can’t really remember, but I’m almost sure it is some Dutch artist my parents took me to when I was little.
2. Have you been to an opera or ballet show? If you did, which one?
I don’t think I’ve ever been to an opera, but does Cirque Du Soleil count for a ballet show? I’ve also seen a Chinese dance show that I don’t remember the name of about two years ago.
3. Do you read the newspaper daily? (Online version also counts)
I don’t read newspapers daily, but I like to read them from time to time to keep informed about what is going on in the world. I’m just not organized enough to remember to do it every day…
4. What classics have you always wanted to read, but until now always pushed down your readinglist?
That’s probably anything Charles Dickens or any titles involving romance… I’m just not the romance kind of girl.
5. Name three items that you carry with you every day (excluding keys, wallet and phone)!
That would be lip balm, my glasses and either chewing gum or sweets (having low blood pressure sucks!).
6. Is there a poem you have liked for years? If there is, which one?
I’ve been a Victoriano Cremer fan ever since I wrote my thesis about poetry after the Spanish Civil War, and a poem called Los Caminos Del Amor is one of my favorites.
7. If you could choose a supernatural ability, which one would you choose?
I would definitely choose either flying or teleporting. That way I can travel the world without having to pay for expensive train/bus/flight tickets.
8. Would you rather be a vampire or a werewolf? Why?
Definitely vampire. I would prefer being undead all the time and not having to go through all those painful werewolf transformations. Plus, vampires can change into bats and fly, which is pretty cool.
9. Which book do you read over and over again?
I haven’t re-read a book in a long time, but the last series I’ve read various times are The Hunger Games and Harry Potter. Brave New World is also on the re-read list.
10. With which famous deceased person would you like to go for a drink?
Hmm that is a very difficult one, especially because I think fame is just superficial and I don’t really care about the special status. It would probably be someone that made a big impact on history; like Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King for example.
I had some hard time thinking of my own questions, but here they are:
1. Which do you prefer: an e-book or an actual book?
2. What would be your dream travel destination?
3. What is your favorite music?
4. If you could have unlimited access to money, where in the world would you live?
5. What is your biggest fear?
6. If one of the three senses had to be taken away, which would you choose: sight, speech or hearing? Why?
7. What would you say is your best quality?
8. What is your favorite food when reading?
9. I you could choose in which time you could live, would you choose the past, present or future? Why?
10. Are you right or left handed?
Ok, so it was REALLY hard to nominate just 10 blogs for the Liebster Award, especially with so many amazing blogs and bloggers out there. If I nominated you below, I think you and your blog are pretty awesome! But it doesn’t mean your blog is any less amazing if I couldn’t nominate you… So on with the list:
- Alex In Bookland
- Books & Cleverness
- FictionFan’s Book Reviews
- Jazmin Jade Reviews
- Woven Magic Books
Please don’t feel obligated to participate if you don’t want to! I just wanted to share the book love… I will be looking forward to the answers of those who decide to participate. 😀 And Elli, thanks again for nominating me! Please forgive me for any bad German translation. 😉
I’ve never been nominated for something before, so I was totally excited when I discovered that three lovely bloggers nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award yesterday. Anna @ Anna’s Reading List, Rachael @ The End Of The Chapter and Erin @ Raised Reading, thanks for bringing a huge smile to my face!!
Here are the rules for this blogger award:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven random facts about me:
1. I have loved books ever since I was little and remember Roald Dahl and Astrid Lindgren being amongst my favorites back then… I even dressed up as Pippi Longstocking once with plush monkey on my shoulder and all when I was about five years old!
2. During my life I have been reading books in three different languages (Dutch, English and Spanish), although now I mostly stick with English and sometimes Spanish. I live in Argentina now and only use Spanish in conversations… But when I’m reading in English and then start talking to someone, I sometimes switch between English and Spanish without noticing. It has already caused some awkward and funny situations in the past. 😀
3. I am what you can consider an absolute cat-lover since about the day I was born. I’ve been having cats as a pet for most of my life, not counting the years I’ve been travelling around. Meet my current cat Jazmin, who was rescued from the streets when she was about eight weeks old and now has grown to be a strong and healthy cat…
4. I absolutely love travelling and during the last five years I have lived in various countries both in Europe and in Latin America. I started in Spain where I studied, then went to Italy, UK, Argentina, Brazil and Colombia… But love brought me back to Argentina and as of last year I’m living together with the love of my life. (Sounds tacky, I know…)
5. One of my other passions beside reading is being creative in general, i.e. writing, drawing and photographing. I actually have an old blog where I stored some of my poems and stories, but I have to admit I haven’t written in a long time… Examples of poems and the first chapters of one of my stories you can find here.
6. I was a nerd with a capital N during my whole school period, mostly living in my own fantasy (book) world. I was also ridiculously shy… The shyness went mostly away over time but the books remained of course. 😀
7. One of my biggest dreams is to travel the world some day, but only if it’s together with my hubby… Apart from the fact that I couldn’t stand being far away from him, the experience of exploring the unknown is even more beautiful when you can share it with someone else. Who knows, I might be living the dream in the future, but for now I will just continue to explore the worlds created in books…
And I’m nominating:
It’s hard to find blogs that haven’t been nominated yet, so I decided to display a selection of awesome blogs by awesome people that are definitely worth visiting. Bring on the book love! In no particular order:
- Julie Israel
- Cleopatra Loves Books
- 52 books
- Fiction Fan´s Book Reviews
- Chrissi Reads
- Musings From A Bookmammal
- Drunken Dragon Reviews
- Caught Read Handed
- Cultural Life
- Little Onion Writes
- Literary Vittles
- The Book Musings
- Odyssey Of A Novice Writer
- Sandra Danby
I would like to say thanks to all the bloggers mentioned above and also to the ones I didn’t mention but are not less amazing for inspiring me to keep reading books and improving It’s All About Books! It’s great to know there are a lot of booklovers like me out there. 😀 Don’t feel obligated to participate if you don’t want to, I just wanted to share the love…