I’ve never been nominated for something before, so I was totally excited when I discovered that three lovely bloggers nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award yesterday. Anna @ Anna’s Reading List, Rachael @ The End Of The Chapter and Erin @ Raised Reading, thanks for bringing a huge smile to my face!!
Here are the rules for this blogger award:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven random facts about me:
1. I have loved books ever since I was little and remember Roald Dahl and Astrid Lindgren being amongst my favorites back then… I even dressed up as Pippi Longstocking once with plush monkey on my shoulder and all when I was about five years old!
2. During my life I have been reading books in three different languages (Dutch, English and Spanish), although now I mostly stick with English and sometimes Spanish. I live in Argentina now and only use Spanish in conversations… But when I’m reading in English and then start talking to someone, I sometimes switch between English and Spanish without noticing. It has already caused some awkward and funny situations in the past. 😀
3. I am what you can consider an absolute cat-lover since about the day I was born. I’ve been having cats as a pet for most of my life, not counting the years I’ve been travelling around. Meet my current cat Jazmin, who was rescued from the streets when she was about eight weeks old and now has grown to be a strong and healthy cat…
4. I absolutely love travelling and during the last five years I have lived in various countries both in Europe and in Latin America. I started in Spain where I studied, then went to Italy, UK, Argentina, Brazil and Colombia… But love brought me back to Argentina and as of last year I’m living together with the love of my life. (Sounds tacky, I know…)
5. One of my other passions beside reading is being creative in general, i.e. writing, drawing and photographing. I actually have an old blog where I stored some of my poems and stories, but I have to admit I haven’t written in a long time… Examples of poems and the first chapters of one of my stories you can find here.
6. I was a nerd with a capital N during my whole school period, mostly living in my own fantasy (book) world. I was also ridiculously shy… The shyness went mostly away over time but the books remained of course. 😀
7. One of my biggest dreams is to travel the world some day, but only if it’s together with my hubby… Apart from the fact that I couldn’t stand being far away from him, the experience of exploring the unknown is even more beautiful when you can share it with someone else. Who knows, I might be living the dream in the future, but for now I will just continue to explore the worlds created in books…
And I’m nominating:
It’s hard to find blogs that haven’t been nominated yet, so I decided to display a selection of awesome blogs by awesome people that are definitely worth visiting. Bring on the book love! In no particular order:
I would like to say thanks to all the bloggers mentioned above and also to the ones I didn’t mention but are not less amazing for inspiring me to keep reading books and improving It’s All About Books! It’s great to know there are a lot of booklovers like me out there. 😀 Don’t feel obligated to participate if you don’t want to, I just wanted to share the love…