It’s Magical Readathon time again! I loved participating in these Harry Potter inspired readathons in previous years, so even though I’m taking things easy with all things blogging this year I just couldn’t resist signing up again. Especially as this readathon might be a distraction from these dark and strange times we are in right now… The Magical Readathons are all hosted by the wonderful Book Roast and you can find out more about this year’s O.W.L. edition in her video below.
The O.W.L.s start on the 1st of April and end on the 30th of April, which means a full month of reading to get those prompts and Hogwarts subjects finished. This is the second year of career choices; last year I managed to complete the O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s for the Magizoologist career, and this year I will be going for the Culinary Sorcerer career. I thought it would be a fitting one as I love cooking and baking in the first place!
Hogwarts subjects needed for the Culinary Sorcery career during the O.W.L.s: Arithmancy, Charms, Herbology & Potions.
As I’m taking things easier this year, I will mostly focus on getting those four subjects done first, but I have made a tentative TBR for all twelve subjects below just in case…
CULINARY SORCERER TBR
- Arithmancy: magical qualities of number 2: balance/opposites – read something outside of your favorite genre WHERE SHE WENT BY GAYLE FORMAN
- Charms: lumos maxima: white cover VOX BY CHRISTINA DALCHER
- Herbology: mimbulus mimbletonia: title starts with an M THE MURDER GAME BY RACHEL ABBOTT
- Potions: shrinking solution: book under 150 pages THE SIGN OF FOUR (SHERLOCK HOLMES) BY ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE
OTHER HOGWARTS SUBJECTS TBR
- Ancient Runes: heart rune: heart on cover or in title EVIL AT HEART BY CHELSEA CAIN
- Astronomy: night classes: read majority of book when it’s dark outside SISTER BY KJELL OLA DAHL
- Care Of Magical Creatures: hippogriffs: creature with a beak on the cover WOVEN IN MOONLIGHT BY ISABEL IBAÑEZ
- Defense Against The Dark Arts: grindylows: book set at the sea/coast THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS BY M.L. STEDMAN
- Divination: third eye: assign numbers to your TBR and use random number generator to pick your read THE BEAR AND THE NIGHTINGALE BY KATHERINE ARDEN
- History Of Magic: witch hunts: book featuring witches/wizards RUTHLESS GODS BY EMILY A. DUNCAN
- Muggle Studies: book from perspective of a muggle (contemporary) THE APARTMENT BY K.L. SLATER
- Transfiguration: animagus lecture: book/series that includes shapeshifting LIVING DEAD IN DALLAS (SOOKIE STACKHOUSE) BY CHARLAINE HARRIS
Are you joining the challenge? Have you read any of the titles on my TBR? Any books I should make a priority?