I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that the first half of 2018 is already over. Poof. Disappeared. How did that happen, when it still feels like January? Winter is here… And it’s been pretty cold down here so far. One of the reasons I’ve been busy learning a new crochet technique and I made this rainbow bobble stitch cowl (among other things). ❤
The cold came with a virus though, and I’ve been under the weather for the last ten days or so of June. I guess being cooped up inside did mean I was able to read way more than I initially planned: a total of 19 books! And there were more surprises… Not only has It’s All About Books now reached the magical 100.000 page views mark ( ❤ ❤ ❤ ), I’m also reaaaaaally close to getting that mythical 200 NG review badge!! o.O
Now to the bookish numbers:
- Number of books read in June : 19
- Total number of books read this year: 97
- Total number of pages read in June: 6.012
- Total number of pages read this year: 30.832
I somehow managed to read a lot last month, and most of them were excellent as well. I was able to add two 5 star read to my list of favorites and five other titles received an almost perfect rating as well. I did have a couple of other lower ratings, but overall I’m quite happy with last month.
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
2 STARS: It was ok. But mostly ‘meh’.
The Unbinding Of Mary Reade – by Miriam McNamara
I haven’t joined a lot of challenges this year so far, mostly because I decided to focus more on ‘fun’ reading and less on goals I have to complete. Things are going way better than planned! I’m almost done with both my Goodreads challenge, the Beat The Backlist challenge and I’m really close to completing When Are You Reading? as well. I still haven’t found a title for the last era though (1600-1699). I really need to start reading some classics for the Reading Through The Centuries challenge by the way because I’m quite behind with that one.
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge: 97/100
- 2018 Beat The Backlist Challenge: 39/40 books read published in 2017 or 2016 and 17/20 books read published 2015 or before. A total of 56/40 books.
- Reading Through The Centuries: 1/5
2018 Netgalley And Edelweiss Challenge:25/25 DONE!! (51 NG ARCs & 9 other ARCS)
- When Are You Reading?: 11/12
As for my other goals… I managed to finish read my first (modern) classic, so two more titles left to go. I also managed to add three new titles to my list of foreign authors/translations… Note: I’m calling authors international when they were born in a non-English country (AKA UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, you get the idea). I also joined another challenge and completed my challenge goal! My NG ratio is also quite stable and well above the 80% mark; I’m really happy with that. As for the rest of them: I have actually finished my Spanish read a few days ago (which also counts as a reread, so two down), and I’m hoping to pick up my Dutch title in July as well. I’m still deciding which will be my 800+ pages book though.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count) 1/3 (Murder On The Orient Express)
- Complete at least 5 series (rereads don’t count) 4/5 (The Conspiracy Of Us, Bad Girls Don’t Die, Embassy Row, The 5th Wave)
- Reread at least 2 books 0/2
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 300 books and keep it that way. 386/300
- Read at least one book over 800 pages 0/1 (maximum 528 pages)
- Read at least 1 book in Spanish 0/1
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
- Read more international authors/translations (at least 10) 9/10 (Stage Four (The Netherlands)/ Born A Crime (South Africa)/ Halfway (India)/ A Castle In Romagna (Croatia)/ My Sweet Friend (Belgium)/ The Elephant Keeper’s Daughter (Germany)/ The Letter For The King (Indonesia)/ The Air Raid Killer (Germany)/ My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She’s Sorry (Sweden))
Join at least 5 challenges during the year5/5 DONE!!
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% currently at 96%
- Reach 5km running! 2000m/5000m
Happy July and Happy Reading!