Somehow it’s April already, and March turned out to be a busy month that has simultaneously flown by. March was my birthday month, the hubby was on vacation during most of the month and we went away on a trip to the Córdoba province during the last week… Beautiful scenery, hiking and (socially distanced) visits to multiple towns along the way. ❤
Next: the bookish numbers.
- Number of books read in March: 16
- Total number of books read in 2021: 68
- Total number of pages read in March: 5.671
- Total number of pages read in 2021: 23.601
I didn’t read as much as in the previous months, but that didn’t really come as a surprise as March turned out to be busy. I’m actually surprised I was still able to read these 16 titles! And I managed to enjoy the majority, which is always a bonus.
MARCH 2021 READS
5 STARS: Absolutely and entirely mind blowing! I suggest you to pick up a copy now.
The One – by John Marrs (REREAD) // The Mountain In My Shoe – by Louise Beech
4.5 STARS: This one was almost perfect. Surely fantastic!
4 STARS: Wow, this was really good. Close to amazing!
Spoiler Alert – by Olivia Dade // The Rose Code – by Kate Quinn // Her Dark Lies – by J.T. Ellison // The Deadly Mystery Of The Missing Diamonds – by T.E. Kinsey // A Dog’s Purpose – by W. Bruce Cameron // The Mystery Of The Blue Train – by Agatha Christie
3.5 STARS: Great read. Really entertaining!
3 STARS: It was a nice read, but not fantastic.
2.5 STARS: I give this one the benefit of the doubt. Nothing too exciting.
Mirrorland – by Carole Johnstone
I ended up joining more challenges than planned this year, but I’m hoping to finish most without too much effort… So far things are going way better than planned.
# CHALLENGES #
- Goodreads 2021 Reading Challenge: 68/150
- 2021 Beat The Backlist Challenge: 22/50 books read published in 2020 or 2019 and 25/30 books read published 2018 or before. A total of 47/80 books.
- 2021 Beat The Backlist Bingo Challenge: 36/52
- Reading Through The Centuries: 2/5
- 2021 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge: 20/25
- What’s In A Name? 2021: 5/6
- When Are You Reading? Challenge: 8/12
As for my other goals: I managed to keep my ARC/backlist ratio below 40% and even lower the ratio a little… Although with the ARCs due in April I don’t think I will be able to keep it this way. I also managed to finish my second reread of the year as well as my 600+ pages book. I need to pick up the slack with my Karin Slaughter books though.
# OTHER READING/BLOGGING GOALS #
- Read at least 3 (modern) classics (rereads don’t count) 2/3 (The Big Four // The Mystery Of The Blue Train)
- Complete at least 6 series (rereads don’t count) 3/6 (Harold Fry // Martini Club // It Happened In Charleston)
- Catch up with Karin Slaughter series (Will Trent/Grant County) 2/15
Reread at least 2 books2/2 DONE!! (The Shadow Of The Wind // The One)
- Bring my physical TBR pile below 650 books and keep it that way. 735/650
Read at least one book over 600 pagesDONE!! 1/1 (The Rose Code; 645 pages)
- Keep ARC/backlist title ratio below 40% 36,8%
- Read at least 2 books in Spanish 1/2 (Los Plebeyos)
- Read at least 1 book in Dutch 0/1
- Read at least 15 international authors and/or translations (each author counts only once) 8/15 (The Shadow Of The Wind (Spain // Snowblind (Iceland) // Crazy Rich Asians (Singapore) // Smoke Screen (Norway) // Hotel Cartagena (Germany) // Los Plebeyos (Argentina) // These Violent Delights (China) // Inborn (Norway))
- Read at least 10 TBR jar picks 4/10 (Radio Silence // Shutter Island // Hidden Figures // Inborn)
Join at least 5 challenges during the yearDONE!! 5/5
- Keep my Netgalley ratio above the 80% 96%
Stay safe and happy reading!